Any Lynx gamers here?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Blue lighting is good too. It's as close to afterburner as you'll get on the Lynx.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah my Lynx screen is starting to show it's age. Ghosting is pretty bad, but everything is still playable.

Last year was somewhat active for Lynx.
- Multicart available with miniSD card slot.
- Zaku pre-orders went back up last year if anyone missed out on that. Release date is 2018, but it will likely be late 2018.

The homebrew scene is still not that great unfortunately.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Be nice if there was more involvement in the home brew scene. It seems to me these lynx games would be alot more achievable from a design & timeframe standpoint and getting the product done & out the door. I'm personelly about burnt out on the homebrew stuff, completely loose interest time it's done with all the delays anymore.

But Zaku looks amazing need to try & find a copy, really hard to believe the lynx can pump out them graphics. I'd like to see another vertical style game from the homebrew scene. Maybe a take on arcade of Contra would be sweet.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I remember getting mine back in the day and I played the hell out of APB. Was probably one of my favorite arcade games back then, so being able to play it anywhere I wanted (save when there wasn't a plug) was amazing.

I honestly haven't broken mine out in ages, sadly. I really should see how mine is fairing anymore.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is that a reprint or a new game? I already have Zaku, it's amazing. I wish it were on a system with a screen I could see!

geise

Mickey's Coach
I really enjoyed the Lynx Model 1 when I had it from 91-94. Used the money when I sold it for a Saturn. Still have the Saturn. Not sure if I want the system again though. I would really like to try Zaku though. Some of my faves were Shadow of the Beast, Gates of Zendekon, Ninja Gaiden, Toki and Elvira Pinball Jam. Shadow of the Beast I especially liked since it was a bit different than the Amiga version.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Is that a reprint or a new game? I already have Zaku, it's amazing. I wish it were on a system with a screen I could see!

Are you considering doing the LCD & VGA out mod on yours?

haightc

n00b
Lynx was the first handheld system I owned, still fun to this day. FYI there is still lots of great homebrew coming out, usually a new game ever couple of months. Actually most of the time playing portable the runtime is plenty, todays quality rechargable batteries last a long time compared the old NiCaDs back in the day. The real downside of the lynx is the Zener diode, I've lost a few lynx systems to it. The McWill mod definately makes a huge improvement is quality plus gives you VGA and RGBS out. The LED backlight mod will give you the best power savings if you are mostly playing you lynx on the go. I haven't move my MCWill screen over yet to my current lynx. The Lynx II LCD stock is nowhere near as bad as the the Game Gear factory however, talk about a real blurry mess.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I just got a lynx other day.. looking to to the mcwill mod when I have the coin... I want to play abp and rampart!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I just got a lynx other day.. looking to to the mcwill mod when I have the coin... I want to play abp and rampart!

Nice man I got my Mcwill kit a few months ago now I just need to find me a nice Lynx 2. Hard to find one that's not beat all to shit. I need to order me a few of the Nintendo DS bitbox cases from Stoneagegamer. Sucks they don't have print files for Lynx inserts that fit their cases. Got to hopefully find someone who can do some custom inserts uggh.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Shit yea, Lynx has a great library. I've probably spent more time with Rygar than any other title.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Shit yea, Lynx has a great library. I've probably spent more time with Rygar than any other title.

Hell yeah Rygar is badass I really love the arcade port of Ninja Gaiden also. I got Ninja Gaiden 3 A.S.O.D. never played it before hope I end up liking it once I get it setup & running.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

Rygar is awesome. I bought my Lynx from a co-worker back in 1995 when it was almost dead, and Rygar was one of the games that came with it. Was probably my favorite game of the bunch.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I'm currently having a McWill installed in my Lynx. I can't wait to get it back.

Jamesf1

n00b
Get the Mcwill screen mod done - you won't regret it and as these units are now about 25yrs plus old most of the original screens look washed out, have dead pixels etc. (I'm not sure they looked that great to begin with!).

Recommended - Desert Strike, Xybots, Toki plus loads of other great games.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I got an email from the Wyvern Tale people suggesting they are taking pre-orders soon.
This will be quite an accomplishment if this comes out. Most lynx homebrew are just arcade mini games.

http://wyverntales.com/

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Get the Mcwill screen mod done - you won't regret it and as these units are now about 25yrs plus old most of the original screens look washed out, have dead pixels etc. (I'm not sure they looked that great to begin with!).

Recommended - Desert Strike, Xybots, Toki plus loads of other great games.

Damn I loved Toki! I just bought that for my NES. I used to play the hell out of it at a local pizza shop that hard it on their arcade machine.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Was looking at the McWill screen mod and definitely looks nice. Anyone know of a person/place that installs them?

bovined

n00b
just contact mcwill directly via email. He can sell you premodded units if in stock or just quote you price. He is in germany but the turnaround is fast and his pricing is awesome. Love my Lynx II with the updated LCD and RGB/VGA out for streaming lovely Lynx games!

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I was gifted a Lynx 2 that is pretty much a Xybots and S.T.U.N. Runner box.

I should have it McWill'd.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I got this in a few weeks back:

QRI4tvA.jpg