Any Lynx gamers here?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I had double dragon. Sold all my Lynx collection last year. You can't compare any Lynx game to a gba game, let's be honest. But for Lynx, double dragon is very good and extremely faithful. The sprites are a little on the large side. Once you get used to that its great. $100 great? If you are collecting, yeah. If you just wanna play the Lynx version for gameplay reasons...eh, maybe not.

Thanks for the impression but I think I'll stick to the 3DS VC port of the GB game and the GBA version. If I could get it loose for $20-30 I'd consider it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
To be fair, there isn't much that compares to GBA DD. Top tier beat em up, probably in the top five ever.

Genki

n00b
Another Lynx fan here. Owned one since Lynx II came out a couple decades ago. Right now I have some 80 games including Eric's playable Eye of the Beholder repro cart. Most of the missing are unfortunately the top rares like DD and Desert Strike. I'll probably end up getting a flash cart and sell most of the games.

Genki

n00b
At least 3 different versions. One's been out for years and are hard to find if any as I don't know if the creator is still making it or not, it only holds one game at a time and needs to be connected to computer to update. Another one just came out the past weeks and can have up to 16 games at once but requires a separate loader hardware. There's a third one that uses SD card (micro I think) and it is still WIP.

The multi-cart: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236988-lynx-rewritable-multigame-cartridge/
The SD version: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226918-lynx-multi-cart/

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
My LYNX II got revived with McWill's LCD mod.

Razor sharp display. :cool:

Here some pics...

Lemmings

IrZGx3D.jpg

Shanghai

bOKicHo.jpg

Chip's Challenge

kPFHk6L.jpg

Klax

DGWJ5Ta.jpg

His eMail address can be found here...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233632-lynx-lcd-replacementvga-out-by-mcwill/page-5#entry3178804

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, I'm not a Lynx gamer, purely because the screen is crap. Once I get caught up in projects I need one of those lcds, I do have a lot of great games for the thing. <3 Zaku

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Zaku looks gorgeous on that display and it's also a great game. But for some reason, I rather play the games I had in the nineties.

Same with the Neo Geo. I mostly play early ninety titles like ASO II, Last Resort, Soccer Brawl, Thrash Rally, Robo Army, Burning Fight and Fatal Fury 1. Probably since I spent most time playing video games in those years.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I get that feel, but Zaku is probably my favorite game.

I didn't get a system until about 1999 or so, so I don't have a lot of nostalgia. I did play the hell out if Ninja Gaiden and Rygar on it though.

What games are you guys playing that are still good in 2015?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nice stuff, Lynx Rygar = teh bee's knees.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Zaku is a nice homebrew title. It amazes how many of these lync lots that shopgoodwill always has lol.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Wow. Nice collection. I have a friend with that same case. I played the everliving shit out of my Lynx back in the day and can't touch it anymore.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
been running my lynx emulator on my og modded xbox on the 72" screen.

it's hysterical.

Crush Roller

Rugal's Thug
Nice case set you have with all those games as well :) , I picked up a Lynx in a job lot of mixed 90`s gaming stuff way back ,It had missing battery covers and came with Chips Challenge and unsurprisingly does not appear to work.,I did try powering it on with a cart in as well lol as I understand the Atari Lynx will not even power up in any way without a cart plugged in.
I have played some interesting Lynx games with emulation,the arcade ports are really good along with Battlezone 2000 and Todd`s Adventure In Slime World , Chips Challenge itself seemed like it was one of the best original titles on it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, my lynx collection is pretty comprehensive. I need to splurge for the McWill LCD mod,but i'm just too far behind on ancient electronic mods.

Zaku is out of print now, so the people that missed out are now paying double. It took a long time to sell out surprisingly.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

+1 to that - I just wish it had had a hi-score screen...nearly impossible to play for score and take a pic

I had a giant Lynx collection since I got one for xmas of '90 - sold it last year when I realized I never, ever played it anymore. Was heavily tempted by a McWill mod - but realized I would just have a really nice screen for games I never played. Super fond memories though.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Dang, Yoshi, those pics look amazing!

I had a Lynx II during a brief period when I sold off all my systems to fund a Gamecube :mad_2:

Pit-Fighter wasn't too bad, but Batman was hard as balls. Hard Drivin' was a mess, though. Good times.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I bought mine on ebay in 2003ish. With a bunch of games. The screen is almost unplayable now though. I always wanted it when it first came out but never got it, so eBay years later was my chance lol.

Looks like it's time for a screen upgrade!

fluxcore

Another Striker
Just got a lynx 2 in need of repair, did a cap kit on it, still not working. Backlight comes on, screen is black, plays blind though. Trying to work out if it's the main board (gfx chip dead?) or LCD... don't want to fork out for a mcwill LCD only to find out it still doesn't work :/

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I've got into the Lynx over last few weeks. When i got my first Lynx many years ago i only had Ninja Gaiden for it but it was a badass port of the arcade. Getting the Mcwill upgrade kit and also a recap kit. Hell might aswell do a recap since it going to be apart.

Got these games on the way.

Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 3 A.S.O.D.
Dirty Larry
Dracula the undead
Rygar
Switchblade 2
Toki
Zarlor Mercenary
Gates of Zendacon
Pit Fighter
Chips Challenge
Xybots
Rampart
Kung Food

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I had a huge Lynx collection. Probably 40 games or so. Pretty much everything I bought brand new on release and boxes were sitting in a closet in my mom's house since then, so everything was minty mint. Sold off most everything over the years but still have a few games left. It was cool at the time but it just did not withstand the test of time very well. you have a good collection MCF76, I'd also recommend getting Rampage and RoadBlasters - those were 2 of my favs.