Strikers 1945 II PCB

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
The game works fine, but it doesn't save modifications on the service menu.

I don't see a baterry on this board, what could be causing this?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
As the test says, it has issues with the EEPROM. EEPROM is the Electrically Erasable PROM, which is like an EPROM, except it is erased electrically instead of using UV light, therefore it does not have the window on top. That's where the board saves settings, and it doesn't require a battery. Look for the chip and replace it or check its traces, it may be bad.

Regards.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I think I have found the problem while I was cleaning the board.... you were right, it is not an EPROM, and it is not a broken trace on board either but the whole IC that is missing:

the game works fine, although I would like to set it on easy mode, activate demo sounds and free play etc., I don't know if this part can be replaced, also its a surface mounted IC:(

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The missing chip seems to be a 74HCT273, which is an Octal-flip flop. Here's the info about the missing chip: http://www.datasheetdir.com/74HCT273+Flip-Flops

It seems to be easily available from eBay, but it also seems that one of the traces for it on your board is broken (trace 9)

Regards.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Yes, the solder pad for pin 9 is missing but that's not a problem because is not connected to anything, I'll look into replace the IC and see if that fixes it.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It could be a multi-layered PCB where that particular pin is connected to an internal layer which will present a problem...hopefully it's just a double sided PCB and work fine for you by just replacing that IC.