N64 controller options

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I completely missed out on the last round so didn't really follow any of that. Interesting. But hopefully a better price on the next round if he does it.

Most likely will be more, can't have him not making more money now that he knows he can fly through them.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
What about having someone make new bowls and the thumb stick part out of delrin? Delrin is self lubricating and takes forever to wear out. I use to have custom bolts made out of delrin for paintball guns that would shoot 100's of thousands of rounds and the bolt would be fine.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
What about having someone make new bowls and the thumb stick part out of delrin? Delrin is self lubricating and takes forever to wear out. I use to have custom bolts made out of delrin for paintball guns that would shoot 100's of thousands of rounds and the bolt would be fine.

Providing someone took the effort of making a blueprint it seems that it would be possible to 3d print these parts.
Another thing - has anybody open3d up the repair box sticks? Maybe a way forward could be to rebuild the oem stick on the basis of parts from the replacement stick - if they are compatible internally ofcourse.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
I honestly haven't bothered with that. All the N64 games I never played takes priority on my everdrive. I also have NES everdrive so that could have something to do with it.

The advantage for me is the ability to play in 60hz and with the Play choice 10 color palette via rgb.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just pulled the trigger on a BNIB OEM N64 pad on ebay UK. Damage = 48 gbp / 75 usd incl p&p. More than I ever wanted to pay but there's little point in having a rgb modded n64, everdrive, expansion pak etc if at the end of the day you cant play any games on it due to shitty controllers.

You could have gotten a Hori Mini for that price or less: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-64-HORI-MINI-CONTROLLER-PAD-Blue-Used-JAPAN-nintendo64-/301685551267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463ddc30a3

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Perfect fix...100% guaranteed to work with any N64 controller:

Spoiler:
no-babies-in-the-trash-can-street-art-1.jpg

Protip: Also works with N64 consoles and games, too.(no babies though...as you can clearly see)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
GC style sticks work amazing with a board made by Micro. Ask him for another batch, I wouldn't mind ordering more, I might do a video review on it. You order those cheap GC style sticks, throw awAy the board and micro controller that comes with it and use Micros parts. It's amazing, works with Goldeneye no problem. Works better than a brand new N64 stick. If they ever get one in I might be able to even mod it for you if you aren't good with solder iron, but it really isn't that hard.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5803.0
just a heads up for anyone interested: these are back up for order.