Caps Changed - Crazy No Sound Problem

Bummed. I can't create threads because I'm new.

I recently picked up a MVS system. I am
Not getting any sound or picture from the monitor. I've replaced the power supply but that did not work. Do you guys think a cap kit would solve the issue?

Bummed. I can't create threads because I'm new.

I recently picked up a MVS system. I am
Not getting any sound or picture from the monitor. I've replaced the power supply but that did not work. Do you guys think a cap kit would solve the issue?

Also, I reset the neck board. I don't see the little red light on the back of the monitor at all.

Cavia

n00b
First... ALWAYS reset the backup RAM in the hardware test menu and power cycle the board if you have zero sound.

If that's not it then probe the YM2610's digital inputs with a logic probe that has audio capabilities. You WILL hear the digital information on the clocked pulses going into that 2610. If it's there then the digital part of the circuit is working. If it's not then you have a problem in the digital section.

When I get home from Japan this week I'll record a video and throw it up on YouTube to show you what I mean about checking the inputs to the YM2610 with a logic probe that has audio capabilities.

RJ

Thanks for your help.
Even by resetting the RAM, I don't have any sound.
I'll wait to learn the other test you're suggesting :)

Cavia

n00b
Usually Ebay or Aliexpress are the only channel to get those chips from China (or Asia in general). It's sad but some of them are completely unavailable in Europe.