Guilty Gear Xrd

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Noticed there are some players on here. What region do you frequent when looking for games? Do you try to stick to your own to look for better connections or do you go to the more populated ones (i.e. Boston, L.A., Atlanta)?

Personally I stick in the Chicago region. It takes a while for people to show up, but waiting has never been a problem for me since I have multiple setups in the game room to pass the time.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I tend to stick to my region but am open to playing anyone and anywhere. Just want good matches with relatively low lag.

what do you mean multiple setups? like you play a bounce from game to game while you wait?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I have a ghetto arcade cabinet I made with 360, PS3, and PC available. then I have a small TV that has a modded PS2 (mostly for Japanese games I own), and a Neo Geo AES. Then I have a PC and small old school monitor that has mame installed and most titles you can download for it. Then I have a Neo Geo MVS 4 slot candy 19 cabinet. Last I have a "65 TV with a Bootleg 360, online regular 360, modded xbox OG, PS2, PS4, Modded Wii, and a Wii U.

I tend not to have problems waiting for games because for instance I can set up a match on GGXrd on PS3, turn on the Turtle Beach headphones and use them as speakers while switching the signal to GGXrd on PC and practice. A lot of times though I set up a lot of games all at once hoping something gets someone. I.E. my account 360 (ghetto cabinet) might be set up for X-Men (1992) with turtle beach headphones on to hear if someone enters the room, my wifes account 360 (65" TV) might be set up for Garou, the PS3 might be set up for GGXrd (with headphones on full blast), the PC might have fightcade waiting in a room while I also have a steam game also running along side while screwing with mame on the other computer. Sorry if it's a little long winded.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Wow thats a lot of juggling dude. I get turned around way too easy to be juggling that many setups simultaneously.

My setup is play console, browswe internet on laptop, tablet, phone and maybe play a little 3DS lol

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been playing today, new englsnd rooms but im up for games. Psn electricgrave

Is Neo Geo Panda on psn someone here?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Wow thats a lot of juggling dude. I get turned around way too easy to be juggling that many setups simultaneously.

My setup is play console, browswe internet on laptop, tablet, phone and maybe play a little 3DS lol

Mostly when I play I stay on the ghetto cabinet though I have forgot I leave a game on, don't hear it while absorbed in match on another console, etc, and find out I lost out in playing someone in something I normally never get a chance to. If it happens I can invite the person usually afterwards or shrug my shoulders and move along.

I wish we could get something going EG. The HD Remix problems have been a head scratcher. I got my 360 to be on NAT1 and still can't get matches going. Yet on the PS3, with NAT2 settings, I can play you along as neither of us are the host. Might have to try the Xrd rooms others make up sometime to see if they work.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I've been playing today, new englsnd rooms but im up for games. Psn electricgrave

Is Neo Geo Panda on psn someone here?

Alright well idk if i'll be in tonight but i'll keep in an eye out for you.

PSN is Wachenroder

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Alright well idk if i'll be in tonight but i'll keep in an eye out for you.

PSN is Wachenroder
I'm gonna log in right now if you're game

Edit: @MrBakaboy, I dunno man why it doesn't work but I wish it did, we can always keep trying though.

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Would this game change my mind on GG if I'm iffy on the series?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Depends what you're iffy on, it's definitely a great game on all accounts though. I got the PS3 port first...then when I got a PS4 I wanted to get it but didn't 'cause I already have it but I took the plunge anyway and it was well worth it, the difference is crazy, it looks and plays amazing. Netcode is pretty decent too!

I'm up for some games on PSN: electricgrave

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Lobby system on this game is dumb as fuck...

It's missing all the chars I used to use...

But despite all that, it's a great game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
it is pretty retarded but once I got to a room full of people it makes sense, there can be 8 players and 4 cabs in the room, that's pretty neat, if you don't wanna wait you can set up a match and keep going. The entry to the lobby is pretty retarded though. I wonder if HDRemix sets regions automatically, it must...

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
it is pretty retarded but once I got to a room full of people it makes sense, there can be 8 players and 4 cabs in the room, that's pretty neat, if you don't wanna wait you can set up a match and keep going. The entry to the lobby is pretty retarded though. I wonder if HDRemix sets regions automatically, it must...

yeah,
trying to find friends is the worst part...
It's like you literally have to call them and walk them through where you are, and how to join...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Would this game change my mind on GG if I'm iffy on the series?

Honestly if you barely play the older games, unless graphics is that big of a deal to you, I wouldn't bother. It plays the same, for the most part, as the other games.

The steam version got rid of the regional lobby system. I haven't bothered to play anybody online on it though.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I picked this up along with Blazblue CP: Ex. Been on a huge fighter kick trying to get decent. I'm also eyeing Under Night, any feed back?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I've never been able to give a shit about the GG series.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i have afew friends that play this, it looks fun but i just never got into it. I have XRD but isnt there a new one being released if its not out yet lol.
i wouldnt mind scrubbing out sometime

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I love it! I feel the tutorial is helping me understand fighters better.

Qcf+lp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The Guilty Gear series is one of the best fighting game series out there, Guilty Gear Xrd is pretty good, the only complaints I have are that most of the characters are missing and most of the new characters aren't that cool.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm sure we'll get some updates with more characters. I love the series as well and the very first one still has a special place in my heart, to me that's the real deal still.