Custom Labels Thread

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Those label-less TPG AES carts got me thinking, does anyone want custom labels for AES and MVS games? I searched and it looks like nobody's made a thread like this yet.

CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW FULL PRINT SIZE (300dpi)

Here's a custom Top Player's Golf AES label, I really doubt anyone would mistake it for the real thing.

Here's one for League Bowling AES, using the awesome USA cover art. I might just do up one for KOTM1 as well.

KOTM1 label, pair with the USA cover art.

I also tried making an alternate Metal Slug 2 AES label in the style of Metal Slug X's cover art, but the image sources are all poor quality.

Fatal Fury 2 English:

Fatal Fury 2 Japan:

And for the MVS people, a joke KOF label. Queen of Fighters '69.

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I looking for some AES reprints, gotz some naked carts.
SS1
FFS
TPG

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Adam sandlers top players golf. Please post

Click to view fullsize

I looking for some AES reprints, gotz some naked carts.
SS1
FFS
TPG

Top Player's Golf, first post.

Click to view fullsize.

Samurai Shodown 1:

Fatal Fury Special:

And Garou Densetsu Special with even more alternate artwork. EDIT: Found a better artwork source.

Fatal Fury Special alternate:

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Thanks so much HMG, now I just need to round thr corners, find some nice paper.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
These labels look very nice, also got a SS1 and a FFS with poor labels.

Thanks!!

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Thanks so much HMG, now I just need to round thr corners, find some nice paper.

A cheap trick is to use small nailclippers, just takes 2 or 3 cuts to get a round corner.

In PM you asked for a clean SS1 label with no title at the top. I'll post it here too:

What is the general consensus on putting the game title on the top of the label? It helps to know as I make more labels.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I don't keep around many fonts, can't think of any appropriate for Neo Geo labels. Usually Arial is the generic font of choice, but anything else ends up looking tacky. The other big problem is very rarely can end label text be added without an outline. Nearly every decent art piece I find has details up in the end label area, makes it hard trying to put text up there.

Really, who here stacks AES carts in a way that reading the end label is possible? All my AES carts tend to go in their boxes.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I photoshopped up a set of labels for the fronts of my MVS games so that they look more like traditional carts. I plan to take some photos of them on the carts once they're printed/cut/applied and am going to make the 600dpi images available to anyone who might be interested in them. Here are a few preview pics:

mvslabelsp.jpg

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Finished the first batch of labels. There were a few accidents, but now I now exactly how to apply them.

mvsl1.jpg

mvsl2.jpg

mvsl3.jpg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Who doesn't have a Final Fight cab in the kitchen? Canada eh?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This thread reminds me of my mvs front labels that I made that went between the vents.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
These mvs front labels remind me of another sad moment in history.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I usually use Photoshop. The clicked-on labels should be 300dpi, just print at that real document size and you'll be fine.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't understand why would you want to have the title twice in the same label, seems dumb to me...also those front MVS custom labels look neat but suggestively speaking stay away from black as it will always look faded in contrast with the carts, stick to white or gray. If it was me I'd embrace the MVS original label look a little bit more, make it more legit looking as opposed to a piece of paper printed at home...looking at it a bit more...you really don't need the side legend, should integrate the logos with the art in a minimal way. I actually liked the KPJtastic MVS labels, that format should work out nice for the front MVS labels...god damn, I can't believe I'm praising KPJ...anyway, I tried them label once but in reality the idea is so dumb looking, there's just no way of incorporating a decent front label on this carts, it's really not that cool.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Chotetsu Brikinger.jpg

Ironclad.jpg

Figured I would take a crack at making some AES labels. Here's a couple for Chōtetsu Brikin'ger (Ironclad).