Dragon Quest 7 & 8 3DS remakes are more likely being localized now

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Yea, I had a friend who bought it at a garage sale cheap, and I traded like $100 of shitty games like Vampire Savior on Saturn I didn't want for it. I have it on WiiU too for convenience.

Prices are outrageous, but I envy people who have a complete copy.

My next door neighbor had it growing up, I vividly remember the scratch and sniff stuff and the giant manual. Poor guy traded it into Funco land for probably 5 bucks back in the day, along with Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. Probably FF3 too.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My next door neighbor had it growing up, I vividly remember the scratch and sniff stuff and the giant manual. Poor guy traded it into Funco land for probably 5 bucks back in the day, along with Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. Probably FF3 too.

Youch. I remember it was my 2nd year of college in 1995, and I bought Chrono Trigger for like $80 at the Funco at the Mall of America. I still have all the art and maps and manual and box.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I'd buy 'em. The DS remake of IV was well done, and, even though it wasn't a remake, I fucking loved IX. It was the last new rpg I invested time into. Lots an lots of time.

Did you ever play 8? 4 and 8 are definitely my favorite. I got pretty far into 9 but lost interest. It felt like something was missing me, and I think it's because of how you choose your three companions and they're basically anonymous.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Yeah, with both of those games I thought about restarting. I have to say though, I did enjoy the second half play on both of those games. More so earthbound. Bravely Default was a grind.

It had a great combat system, but I agree, it was grindy.

I remember when 4-6,9 came out, on the DS, it was always around my birthday and when we had audits at work. Too bad we won't get DQX - That would be the end of civilization for me:)

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This is awesome. I'd rather play both of these games on 3DS, for some reason I prefer longer games on portable systems.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
This is awesome. I'd rather play both of these games on 3DS, for some reason I prefer longer games on portable systems.

I have no shame and have brought handheld systems to the gym so I can play on a treadmill or exercise bike to get in a little extra play time while distracting myself from obnoxious gym music.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug

Same here, I really don't bother with long games on consoles anymore. Its always easier for me to let my wife watch her tv nonsense while I log my 3ds time in. I'll probably pick these up, I haven't really touched my 3ds in a while.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm getting senile - was it ever confirmed if Dragon Quest Theatrhythm was getting localized as well? If not, hopefully this is a good sign.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm getting senile - was it ever confirmed if Dragon Quest Theatrhythm was getting localized as well? If not, hopefully this is a good sign.

Not yet but I'm crossing my fingers. If DQ sells well in the U.S. (Yes you fuckers all need to buy it), then the music game would be an automatic shoe-in.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Not yet but I'm crossing my fingers. If DQ sells well in the U.S. (Yes you fuckers all need to buy it), then the music game would be an automatic shoe-in.

I guess I'll have to pick them up then as DQT is the main reason I've considered importing a J3DS.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
I have no shame and have brought handheld systems to the gym so I can play on a treadmill or exercise bike to get in a little extra play time while distracting myself from obnoxious gym music.

That's pretty awesome of you. I don't have that level of concentration.

Yes, I'm one of those fuckers who needs to buy them.

both preorder'd thanks

I don't see them on amazon. Are they already gone?

Edit: Nevermind. I wasn't looking hard enough.
Dragon Quest VII - Fragments of the Forgotten Past
Dragon Quest VIII - Journey of the Cursed King

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
played dragon quest 1 and 2 and loved it.always wanted to get more into the franchise.but as a lot of people already mentioned,i to have come to the stage where i just can't sit through an rpg. too bad because final fantasy is my favourite rpg franchise (ff1 to ffx),but i think i would of liked dragon quest even more.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
played dragon quest 1 and 2 and loved it.always wanted to get more into the franchise.but as a lot of people already mentioned,i to have come to the stage where i just can't sit through an rpg. too bad because final fantasy is my favourite rpg franchise (ff1 to ffx),but i think i would of liked dragon quest even more.

I wish Dragon Quest 1-3 would get a new release. I have Dragon Warrior on NES, and then the next game I have is Dragon Quest IV on NDS.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I wish Dragon Quest 1-3 would get a new release. I have Dragon Warrior on NES, and then the next game I have is Dragon Quest IV on NDS.

Gameboy Color versions are pretty good and still hold up better than the NES ones.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I have a decent collection of DQ games. 1-3 on NES, 4 on DS, 8 on PS2. I always wanted a copy of 4 on NES since I was a kid but I feel like that game was always pretty rare.

I think I'm missing 2 of the DS releases.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I have a decent collection of DQ games. 1-3 on NES, 4 on DS, 8 on PS2. I always wanted a copy of 4 on NES since I was a kid but I feel like that game was always pretty rare.

I think I'm missing 2 of the DS releases.

Yes you are. V and VI are great, with V being my fav of the DS releases.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Gameboy Color versions are pretty good and still hold up better than the NES ones.

At least for Dragon Warrior 1 and 2, Nintendo of America did a kings English style localization to those games (Nintendo translated but didn't publish DW 2 after the first one didn't sell to their expectations allowing Enix to publish it themselves). The translation on the GBC version is a little more bland and quite frankly I kind of prefer the NES version. The GBC Dragon Warrior 3 is definitely better than the NES version though.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Yes you are. V and VI are great, with V being my fav of the DS releases.

...and IX (unless we're talking about re-releases only). VI was my favourite, but all 3 re-releases on the DS are awesome and worth picking up.

jtucci31

n00b

Imagine trying to play 3DS with the 3D turned on while simultaneously working out. I'd be impressed