Dragon Quest 7 & 8 3DS remakes are more likely being localized now

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I have no shame and have brought handheld systems to the gym so I can play on a treadmill or exercise bike to get in a little extra play time while distracting myself from obnoxious gym music.

I actually tried this with a GB Micro and Final Fantasy. Only problem is I run too fast on the treadmill to really focus on what I'm doing. If I was walking, it would be different.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Imagine trying to play 3DS with the 3D turned on while simultaneously working out. I'd be impressed

I HAVE done this. But it's hard to keep your eyes in that focused position to see the 3D fully. I hear the "New 3DS" screens are better with the 3D though.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
haha I would love to see someone running full speed playing a 3ds on the treadmill. I could probably play when I ride the bike at the gym, I doubt I could do it jogging or walking on a treadmill. I could see me losing my footing and flying off.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
haha I would love to see someone running full speed playing a 3ds on the treadmill. I could probably play when I ride the bike at the gym, I doubt I could do it jogging or walking on a treadmill. I could see me losing my footing and flying off.

Alas, my full speed is about 4.5 MPH on the treadmill.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I just started looking around for my 3 missing Dragon Quests for DS. V and IX aren't that expensive and pretty easy to find. VI is pretty rare online, I only see one on ebay and its 70 on amazon.

Have any of you ever bought used from gamestops website? It's only 20 bucks but I have a feeling the chances of getting a box and manual are pretty darn low.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I recently bought a bunch of DS games off GameStop.com when they clearanced many of them for $1-2. None of them where complete. You might get lucky finding a store that keeps cases for better games (I know of a few.) You could also get on the waitlist for a copy from the SquareEnix store https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/283078/dragon-quest-iv-chapters-of-the-chosen-ds They had it in stock a month or so ago, you never know they could get more.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I recently bought a bunch of DS games off GameStop.com when they clearanced many of them for $1-2. None of them where complete. You might get lucky finding a store that keeps cases for better games (I know of a few.) You could also get on the waitlist for a copy from the SquareEnix store https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/283078/dragon-quest-iv-chapters-of-the-chosen-ds They had it in stock a month or so ago, you never know they could get more.

Yeah good point. I almost snagged 5 off of there during the black Friday sale they had it down to 12 dollars but it sold out so fast.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I was wrong about 6 being rare, there are quite a few more on ebay then I had seen this morning.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
6 was nice since it had an early version of the job system as expanded in 7. That last boss was a dousy though.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I ended up snagging an auction on ebay for complete copies of IV, V, VI, and IX for 104 bucks. I already have IV so I figure if I can resell that, I snagged each copy for about 25 bucks. I don't think thats too bad of a deal. IV and V are still sealed.