AES Region Confirmation

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
So I've acquired an AES from a fellow member and i'm having a bit of trouble identifying which region it's from. Can probably rule out Japan, games display in English.

Has the following detail:

NEO-AEC
8W
Pro-Pow-E Adapter (Runs at 240v, 2-pin Euro plug)

Has a 3-5 PCB and the following jumpers are set:

IMAG0278.jpgIMAG0281.jpg

When I test games, because of the TV i'm using I can't tell from the display (borders) as it weaves magic and supports all variations of PAL/NTSC/SECAM signals and auto formats the image.

I'm leaning towards it being an NTSC (US) system because of the jumper settings and xtal value (3.58) but then it takes a 240v input which goes against the logic I've used in the past to define the region a console is from.

I've scoured the forums and the internet in general but keep seeing information that contradicts the last nugget of knowledge I've read.

Also i'm guessing this is the best revision for RGB output as that's all i'll be using.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Fuck me, I've posted in the wrong forum. Any chance a mod can move this thread when they stumble across it?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Snap a pic of the BIOS, the PCB says SP1 in a white box near it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The bios tells the region. Voltage on the adapter means nothing especially the input voltage.

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
The bios tells the region. Voltage on the adapter means nothing especially the input voltage.

Is there a list of sorts that lists the different values/regions? Had a look at a Neo Dev wiki but no mention of exactly what correlates to each region.

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
1435950606666.jpg

Finally home, BIOS pic attached.

NEO-EP0 ...Europe or Asia? Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
On a NEO-EP0 BIOS, Puzzle Bobble plays as Puzzle Bobble in English rather than Bust-A-Move, so my vote is it's a Euro/Spanish BIOS.