Cought a Punk Breaking Into My House

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
We should all be thankful that petty thieves generally have bad taste in video games, and will always grab modern pawn bait in favor of old/rare stuff.

Yeah thank Jeebus for that! I was pretty mad about the thought of having to cancel credit cards and crap that the new boxes are linked to. Other than that, the games I really care about were left untouched; my Neo-Geo with LB2 was sitting right next to the Xbone.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Man, glad you got your stuff back. One of my biggest fears is someone breaking into my place. I'm kind of a paranoid person. Like others have said, Good thing these idiots don't know the value of these older games.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
just to echo the sentiments of the rest, glad you got your stuff back man, but sorry it happened at all. So lucky you happened upon the guy and got the police involved so quickly.

and I'd be extra pissed about losing my jp360 as well ;)

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
So he outran you carrying all that!? Haha

Just kidding man, glad you got your stuff back and pretty fortunate they caught the guy too. Hopefully that's the end of this line of work for this guy.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
They usually dont bother with the detective work like prints anymore. My gf's car was recently broken into, and there was blood, foot prints, and fingerprints everywhere. Cop didn't even come by to see it.

Depends where you live.

Small town / no crime; this is a big deal. We are 6 months into 2015 and still awaiting our first felony arrest (by local PD) in my town. We had 4 all of last year.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Damn dude, sorry to hear about this shit. Even the psychological affect can be crappy to deal with after the situation is all said and done. Hope you can relax and find peace without much added stress.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Thanks for sharing. It's intense to imagine that. Glad he wasn't stupid enough to try to murder you over it, too.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
WTF? Its always the nice people that get the shit end of the stick. Glad you got your stuff back bro!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
just to echo the sentiments of the rest, glad you got your stuff back man, but sorry it happened at all. So lucky you happened upon the guy and got the police involved so quickly.

and I'd be extra pissed about losing my jp360 as well ;)

Don't worry, Mugi, I already have a j360.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I bet OP will be nervous as hell trying to get some sleep now. That paranoia won't go away for a week at least.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I bet OP will be nervous as hell trying to get some sleep now. That paranoia won't go away for a week at least.

Really not phased by it. I have an old metal baseball bat I keep in my bedroom and I'm not a small person.

Just lucky I went home for lunch and caught the thief in the act. If I had come home at the end of the workday it would be a really different story. I live in a small town and this doesn't happen often. Everybody I know has been sending me local paper articles about it. I probably had as many as 7 police cruisers along my street when this happened. Goes to show they had nothing better to do which definitely helped my cause. I wouldn't have been able to replace this stuff any time soon.

After this me and BPD are friends 4 life!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Really not phased by it. I have an old metal baseball bat I keep in my bedroom and I'm not a small person.

Just lucky I went home for lunch and caught the thief in the act. If I had come home at the end of the workday it would be a really different story. I live in a small town and this doesn't happen often. Everybody I know has been sending me local paper articles about it. I probably had as many as 7 police cruisers along my street when this happened. Goes to show they had nothing better to do which definitely helped my cause. I wouldn't have been able to replace this stuff any time soon.

After this me and BPD are friends 4 life!

I thought the cape had a lot of people using pills and whatnot, at least back in the day. Have you gotten any info yet on who the guy is (other than his name)?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
So do the police have to keep all your shit as evidence until the trial? Because that would suck with how slow the legal system works.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So do the police have to keep all your shit as evidence until the trial? Because that would suck with how slow the legal system works.

First thing that came to mine. I've heard of instances where stolen items were never returned to the owner. I'd be hoping they just gave it back right then and there and called it a day.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
After they lifted whatever fingerprints they could they took photos of all the serial numbers on the consoles and then gave it all back to me that day.

There is a bunch of heroine use these days, wouldn't surprise me if that was Cory's main 2nd occupation.

Btw, thanks very much for all the kind words, I really appreciate it!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
First thing that came to mine. I've heard of instances where stolen items were never returned to the owner. I'd be hoping they just gave it back right then and there and called it a day.

Yeah, like cdamm's entire collection... :(

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Glad you got it all back! Reminds me more and more I REALLY need to get renters insurance.

I though they normally kept stolen goods until the case was settled. Glad you got your stuff home, it could drag out forever.