No school for Non-vaccinated youth in CA

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
If you guys had a friend and you found out they weren't vaccinated would you dissasociate yourself with that person?

No. But if I had a friend who wouldn't shut the fuck up about vaccines and how evil they are, then I would cut them off just because I can't be friends with someone that I don't respect. I had a buddy a few years back who was putting his kids through a Waldorf school, and wouldn't stop running his trap about all of their whackadoo beliefs. Just couldn't fucking hang out with the guy anymore.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I still want to know what happened between 1986 and now, because like I said, I had to have all my vaccines to go to school here in California back then anyways.

They eliminated all exemptions except medical exemptions. So no more personal belief or religious exemptions.

My issue here is more so with CA's statist bullshit if anything. People should just fucking vaccinate anyway. Is it necessary for the govt to step in and make a law about it? I don't think so. "Public Safety" has been tossed around to justify many things and I occasionally worry about that.

I really don't give a shit about this issue. I just find CA politics irritating.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
They eliminated all exemptions except medical exemptions. So no more personal belief or religious exemptions.

My issue here is more so with CA's statist bullshit if anything. People should just fucking vaccinate anyway. Is it necessary for the govt to step in and make a law about it? I don't think so. "Public Safety" has been tossed around to justify many things and I occasionally worry about that.

I really don't give a shit about this issue. I just find CA politics irritating.

Did you miss the big anti-vaxer movement led by several hollywood actors?
Did you miss the fact that several diseases we once thought were practically eliminated are now affecting children?
Did you miss the big MEASLES outbreak? Whooping cough? Mumps?

Pretty soon we'll see a resurgence of fucking smallpox.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Did you miss the fact that several diseases we once thought were practically eliminated are now affecting children?

When you find the CDC workers release that disease in the next theme park, you have my complete permission to put an end to their lives, and the commander in chief who is sending them out.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Is this such a bad thing? It's weeding out the population for the better.

Don't believe in vaccines? Excellent, now your family line is guaranteed to end.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I normally wouldn't care about anti-vaxxers being plonked off by diseases as a reward for their stupidity, but I worry about mutations to the virus, as mothers can pass antibodies along to the children, giving the virus a chance to adapt over several generations in a non-vaccinated host.

MMR vaccine used to be 95% effective, it's now about 85% effective.

Vaccines don't work long-term if people don't use them enough to endanger the virus.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Yes, it is a public safety issue. MMR vaccinations only work effectively if you can maintain a certain rate of immunizations (the herd threshold, aporximitly 92%).

In some schools, personal exemptions are more than that.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
My issue here is more so with CA's statist bullshit if anything. People should just fucking vaccinate anyway. Is it necessary for the govt to step in and make a law about it?

You could say that about most things. If people weren't generally selfish, stupid, or both we wouldn't need laws in the first place.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I also know of a very respected person with a PHD in a health sciences field.

She believes that AIDS was crated by the government. Her reasoning (if you want to call it that) has something to do with the Tuskegee experiment.

Sounds bat-shit crazy faulty logic to me. But not much different than some the leaps made in this thread.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
sounds
Spoiler:
FUCKING RETARDED

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You could say that about most things. If people weren't generally selfish, stupid, or both we wouldn't need laws in the first place.

I know :(

I guess I'm just disappointed that people are stupid and the whole anti-science thing is frustrating. I think it's silly we need this law.

Can we at least ban CIRCUMCISION next?

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Can we at least ban CIRCUMCISION next?

Nah, people with phimosis need that shit.

It's a shame that most people opt to circumsize their babies for no good reason at all. It's 2015. We have running water and soap in our homes now. This tradition's gotta die.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I also know of a very respected person with a PHD in a health sciences field.

She believes that AIDS was crated by the government. Her reasoning (if you want to call it that) has something to do with the Tuskegee experiment.

Sounds bat-shit crazy faulty logic to me. But not much different than some the leaps made in this thread.

Had to read up on that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

The Tuskegee syphilis experiment (/tʌsˈkiːɡiː/)[1] was an infamous clinical study conducted between 1932 and 1972 by the U.S. Public Health Service to study the natural progression of untreated syphilis in rural African-American men in Alabama. They were told that they were receiving free health care from the U.S. government[1].

. . .

Distrust of the government because of the study contributed during the 1980s to persistent rumors in the black community that the government was responsible for the HIV/AIDS crisis by having deliberately introduced the virus to the black community as some kind of experiment.[41] In February 1992 on ABC's Prime Time Live, journalist Jay Schadler interviewed Dr. Sidney Olansky, Public Health Services director of the study from 1950 to 1957. When asked about the lies that were told to the study subjects, Olansky said, "The fact that they were illiterate was helpful, too, because they couldn't read the newspapers. If they were not, as things moved on they might have been reading newspapers and seen what was going on." [17]

. . .

Of the original 399 men, 28 had died of syphilis, 100 were dead of related complications, 40 of their wives had been infected, and 19 of their children were born with congenital syphilis.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nah, people with phimosis need that shit.

It's a shame that most people opt to circumsize their babies for no good reason at all. It's 2015. We have running water and soap in our homes now. This tradition's gotta die.

Ban it but provide for a medical exemption.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It's a shame that most people opt to circumsize their babies for no good reason at all. It's 2015. We have running water and soap in our homes now.

Them's be snippin' supplies.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This is why most black Americans today do not like going to the doctor. A family friend's grandfather died of stomach cancer due to that distrust.

I know it is true, but that is just retarded.