CPS-2 A Board Capacitor List?

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I tracked down a CPS-II A&B board (Blue US MSvsSF, thanks kitkit!) and will be replacing the A's caps, battery, and fan when it arrives in a few weeks.

Does anyone have a list of the A board's cap values on hand? I'd like to see if I have them all on hand, and place an order for those that I don't have.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I tracked down a CPS-II A&B board (Blue US MSvsSF, thanks kitkit!) and will be replacing the A's caps, battery, and fan when it arrives in a few weeks.

Does anyone have a list of the A board's cap values on hand? I'd like to see if I have them all on hand, and place an order for those that I don't have.

Not aware of any cap map online, you might have to just wait and read the values written on your caps.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I dont think its necessary to replace the caps, never really heard of it being a problem on the cps2 hardware

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I recap any '90s electronics that I plan on keeping. It's so easy to do that if I'm going to bother taking something apart and cleaning it, I might as well do it while I'm in there. It often improves things overall, by reducing video noise and boosting the volume.

If no one else lists the values before my CPS2 comes in, I'll list them here for posterity's sake.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
My CPS-2 A board came in and I was happy to find that it's 100% populated with high-quality Panasonic capacitors. The B boards are 100% high-quality Rubycon caps. Capcom seems to have spared no expense with the CPS-2 and I'm not going to be recapping it after all.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
My CPS-2 A board came in and I was happy to find that it's 100% populated with high-quality Panasonic capacitors. The B boards are 100% high-quality Rubycon caps. Capcom seems to have spared no expense with the CPS-2 and I'm not going to be recapping it after all.

:) I thought you might change your mind