Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
hey tak! any idea if the alesis quadraverb is any good? I seen one here locally for 100 bucks. I thought it was the one you mentioned above so I was going to jump on it, But I was mistaken. Should I still be interested? part of me just wants something I can rack mount :) I have no cool racks!

Ordered a bunch of MPC parts to really max it out, I look forward to posting pictures. gonna add wood side panels, now if only I could get some massive pioneer VCR feet... I'd definitely post unnecessarily high resolution pics of that.

here's a sound I made and didn't really post anywhere, this may be the only forum that may recognize the sample :) https://soundcloud.com/jeeshyness/ccrs-wip

You can't go wrong with a QuadraVerb, it sounds great and has lots of effects to choose from. $100 seems okay to me (if it's in good condition), so yeah, go for it.

Chu Chu Rocket Science is nice, man!

Cylo, cool new track, very nice fx and ambience samples. I know how it's like when a track completely changes direction after a while. It is as if the music in my mind has a life of its own. :)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I know some of these voice samples from somewhere :)

Good track, good 303-ish lines.

I'm in one of my musician's block phases again... I'm thinking of making a new track again but I have a lot of things to do and it's really difficult for me to free my mind from all that cruft and sit down and make music. Let's see.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I know some of these voice samples from somewhere :)

Good track, good 303-ish lines.

I'm in one of my musician's block phases again... I'm thinking of making a new track again but I have a lot of things to do and it's really difficult for me to free my mind from all that cruft and sit down and make music. Let's see.

Here's what to do. Listen to 'Westbam - Beatbox Rocker' and then remix it! GO GO GO

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'll give the new track a listen and the mastered tracks tomorrow, just came home from a fireworks show.

How much do Monarch Audio ask for mastering?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'll give the new track a listen and the mastered tracks tomorrow, just came home from a fireworks show.

How much do Monarch Audio ask for mastering?

It's normally $40 but they were doing a 1/2 off special so I thought "what the heck... why not"

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
can't have the thread die!

made this the other night, sampled minibrute +MPC sequenced minibrute. I keep neglecting the other synths when I'm just in the lab trying to find a cool vibe, minibrute is just too convenient and easy to play with.
https://soundcloud.com/jeeshyness/jee-shyness-nanomachines

EDIT: oh yeah, mod complete! still looks a little rough with the rusty spots and all... but it has a touch of class now.
IMAG01431_zpsklfcehin.jpg

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
you should check this out(all of you!)

[video]https://video.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xta1/v/t43.1792-2/11401944_10153572195914687_1951263474_n.mp4?efg=ey JybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6NDA5Nn0%3D&oh=4d4e61ccd9bf2ebe98f2d7a2c50bbe15&oe=55F3BC86[/video]

in case above link isn't showing properly

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Made a new track after a few weeks(switched to a new primary SSD & re-installed everything).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nice one. With a more "jazzy" kick arrangement, this could have been some sort of post-modern electro (original style) track as well. Me like.

Edit: Both FB links don't work.

Edit #2: complexz, sounds good. The Minibrute sure is a beast, I was thinking of getting one a while ago but I already have a number of monos so I can't justify buying another one.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've got homework for you guys. Try doing some Industrial-funk ala Die Warzau.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Industrial funk? That's EBM.

I've made a lot of tracks like that back in the day.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
ello again lads....

Seeing as how Halloween is upon us & just watched one of my favorite films of all time again recently(Clive Barker's Nightbreed), I felt inspired.

So here's my latest track I finished the other day:

Marek

Banned
Nice work as always.

I've been on a big tech house kick lately. Listening to a lot of Chris malinchak and there's this guy Leon Oziel on SoundCloud with only one track but its an hour mix of hard edged sick tech house that I can't get enough of.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good one. I also like Nightbreed, even though it was quite a commercial flop, IIRC.

No time for making music atm, I've done lots of DJ gigs lately, like last Sat. Actually it was my friend Mario who got the booking, it was a huge 40 years birthday party with 100+ guests but the host wanted some rock and metal stuff so Mario couldn't really be arsed... then he even changed to an automatic playlist. At 1am I couldn't stand it anymore, took over and rocked the house with a sneaky set that went from Mambo to 70s disco and finally techno and house, everyone was dancing and shouting with their hands in the air. The place was a former car park that got compartmented and turned into a multi-purpose event location, it looked like a rotten old bunker with concrete floor and walls with rusty reinforcement steel and dirt everywhere, read, a fucking great place for a party like that, felt like an early-90s illegal club night all over again :D

I was quite outta my head during the set (free drinks for the DJ, whoohoo!), thankfully my buddy recorded it... gotta listen to it one of these days... :)

EDIT:

Speaking of mixes, here's one that I did for a oldschool Rave party, it was the first official booking over my old label since many years:

Lightman - Rave4LyfE 10/01/2015 at The Palladium

Here's the playlist if anyone is interested. Good ol' 170bpm full-contact happy hardcore.

Oh, and never mind the mixing fuckups, had to use a strangely assigned USB mixing desk and the guy who did his set before me said that he'd kill me if I'd re-assign something. I mean... he used the damn turntables as speed knobs, ffs... Ah well, I had warmed up to it after about 20 mins...

Another one from August, this time they wanted a classic Trance set:

Lightman - Dolphin Club 08/28/2015 at Rakete

Playlist

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
you should check this out(all of you!)

[video]https://video.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xta1/v/t43.1792-2/11401944_10153572195914687_1951263474_n.mp4?efg=ey JybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6NDA5Nn0%3D&oh=4d4e61ccd9bf2ebe98f2d7a2c50bbe15&oe=55F3BC86[/video]

in case above link isn't showing properly
that was a good watch thanks!

I blew the dust off the yamaha fb-01 and started messing around, This track just kinda happened. https://soundcloud.com/jeeshyness/jee-shynes-electronic-yakuza-dispute

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Thanks man. That's a really good idea! I want to revist the track soon.

it's a tough one to edit as I was muting and unmuting midi tracks live all over the place, But I have all the sequences and drum samples and all saved in the MPC for such a occasion.

nightbreed is cool Cyclo! the vocal samples really make a great atmosphere. Very creepy. Now I wanna rip you off and do a creepy song. We all seem to post songs pretty regularly so it may not be ridiculous to propose we all try to contribute a horror/halloween tone track? I'd like to hear Takumaji's take on creepy with awesome old synth gear, but he's probably got 10 tracks up his sleeve already :)

Last edited: