Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Hello,

thank you. that dbx track is rather hypnotic when you haven't had any sleep. O_O

here's another new Cylotron track to throw in:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good track, I like the drums, slow phaser and the harder break from 4mins onwards.

In dbx I routed the output of the TR-606 into the Waldorf 2-pole filter and used envelope tracking to chop it up. The 2-pole is such a wonderful little box, can't recommend it highly enough. Very versatile.

The kick comes from the MFB Nanozwerg, deep bassline is from Volca Kick, the 303-ish bassline + closed hihat come from the Monotribe, percs and other drums come from S2000 and finally the weird pad in the background is from the Kawai K2m.

At the moment I'm looking for someone who can help me with putting a new display into my Roland XP-80, it also needs a new backup battery. Talked to a Roland service but they're expensive, fixing the display and battery would cost me 250 + 150 for the parts, that's 50 Euros more than I paid for the XP-80...

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Anyone have experience with virtual drummer plug-ins? If I have a specific idea in my head, how hard is it to get the virtual drummer to come up with something similar?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
A new track, bit of, uhm, Madlectro or something ->

Track was made with Korg Volca Beats, MFB Nanozwerg, Kawai K1m, Roland TR-606 and Waldorf 2-pole Filter.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Been trying to wrap my head around the Prophet V by Arturia. I've got a few decent patches created, but the filter envelope is kind of weird...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
fake, are you talking about programming drum beats in a DAW, or something specific?

that and I didn't realize there was a "madlectro" genre.... o_O

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah, man, Madlectro and its sub-genre Techdumb. I hope it catches on, heh :p

Like your new track. It's dirtier than usual. :)

Good non-standard bassline, dig the drone-ish bass and oldschool breakbeat.

This is good stuff, added to my track rotation.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
fake, are you talking about programming drum beats in a DAW, or something specific?

that and I didn't realize there was a "madlectro" genre.... o_O

Talking about EZ Drummer / Superior Drummer, where the plug-in basically analyzes your guitar track (or whatever audio track) and will match it with drum samples. My main question is whether these types of things cover less popular genres. Like, would they be able to handle my nu-jazz / math rock stuff as well as my post-hardcore stuff?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I have never used EZ Drummer or Superior Drummer, although from Google'ing your question it looks like other people have the same concern. Seems to be more of an issue on EZ Drummer(at least more people asking about that one).
I would think either program should be able to tell the BPM of each track and at least be able to apply both an auto & manual time stretching/sequencing. :spock:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Sunday track:

A rather minimalist in spirit and classically instrumented piece of techno. There's an up and a down swing in the track which I composed of 7 patterns of up to 120 bars in length: Kick, two percussion tracks, two bass tracks, hihats, one backing track, plus the 606 with three patterns made on its internal sequencer that were changed manually during recording.

Kick comes from S2000 sampler, percussion is from FB-01 (all custom patches), hihats are from Volca Beats and were processed with Waldorf 2-pole filter, bassline comes from MFB Nanozwerg, 16th hihats + other perc are from TR-606 and the background track comes from Kawai K1m.

The bassdrum is a boosted fx sample from a movie, it has a noise trail that I really love. Originally I wanted to use the Volca Beats kick but it wasn't punchy enough in the end, some of its frequencies clashed with the bassline which led to lotsa mud that sounded decent on my home stereo speakers but just awful via headphones and on other systems so I had to replace it.

Goes to show that it can't hurt to listen to a new track on various systems like home stereos, car stereos, phones, laptops, with headphones on, etc. I should do it more often.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Another track with elements of early Acid House, mixed with 90's style Hard Dance/Techno. Also has 90's Trance style gates applied all over the place. What the hell is this!?...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Last track for the next few days - Dramatix

I guess my old EBM thing came through in this one.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Pretty cool track there Tak.

I'm supposed to be in bed, but I couldn't help myself:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
and here is another remix of 'Phase One'. I guess I must really like that track. Enjoy!?...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
It's Sunday and I was listening to Sasha - Xpander and ended up throwing together this Wipeout inspired track:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Diggin' that new track Tak. :multi_co:

Finished another new one tonight myself:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Heh, nice track title.

Dubby track, I like the drums. Great bassline as well!

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
That new Chemical Brothers track had been stuck in my head so I decided to do a remix:

:spock:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Gaiz,

I got a Nord Lead 2X. I've been wrapping my head around it. It's Osc 1 is kind of different from most synths, but I think I'm starting to understand it. The real draw is being able to have 4 patches running (and still editable!) at the same time. Thing sounds MASSIVE. Obviously it's pretty modern sounding as opposed to analogue sounding. (I'm eventually going to pick up a Juno-106 for that and have Arturia's V collection and the digital Jupiter 8 module in the meantime.)

I'll put together a short track to show it off.