Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Update:

Made a YT vid for Volcatribe Dub with some further explanations on how the track was done (demo):

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Listening to that track with my headphones at the moment, Tak. Will have to try it out in my car today(subs). :cool:

I've been working on various tracks on & off. This is the latest one that I've actually completed. Another Beatport Contest... :shame:

Here's my remix:

and in case you're wondering just how different it is from the original, here's that also:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I like the remix, nice and gritty acid.

Checked out the Beatport contest thing a while ago, really interesting. Maybe I should give a track the right Lightman treatment... even though doing remix stuff can also be a real chore...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nice track, even though the main voice hook could be a lil' more subtle for my taste. Good drums and overall arrangement.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The vocals were female. Decided to filter the hell out of them & have it stand out. Otherwise I wouldn't have put as much emphasis on them. Thought about not using vocals originally... :spock:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I mostly use vocals as an alternate form of effects, background ambience or percussion, makes selection of voices to sample so much easier, you can use almost anything for that.

This is a good example of how I like voice samples to be used:

In case you wonder about the Kraftwerk-ish sound, the album the track is from (Esperanto) was a solo project by Karl Bartos of Kraftwerk. The fun begins at about 1:53.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track: No Talking.

Meh... a bit of dingy-doingy house with a Wurlitzer-style patch that I created on the CX5MII/128 and originally wanted to use for another track. I'm a sucker for Wurlies or E-pianos with Flangers or Phasers...

Does someone recognize the voice sample used in the track by any chance? This is one for the movie buffs... :)

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
oh great thread and great uploads guys.

I haven't been uploading much lately, I wanna stop uploading little scraps I wanna show to my friends who don't give a shit anyway :) and hopefully concentrate more on uploading more complete shits. But I might do more videos like this, live drumming and sample triggering is my favorite pastime now and I find myself just loading up some samples and jamming away more than I find myself trying to produce music lately.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
oh great thread and great uploads guys.

I haven't been uploading much lately, I wanna stop uploading little scraps I wanna show to my friends who don't give a shit anyway :) and hopefully concentrate more on uploading more complete shits. But I might do more videos like this, live drumming and sample triggering is my favorite pastime now and I find myself just loading up some samples and jamming away more than I find myself trying to produce music lately.

Christopher+walken+_a3ca9b723ef5f4ad5c597709df21e309.jpg

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
when you're right, you're right.

I do fucking love like any song with a cowbell in it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track: Recap CM.

A reflection of a party I did a for-friends gig at.

djjimmyjames,

welcome to the club.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here...

FX are your friend, btw. :)

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
MPC2000xl doesnt have effects. I want to purchase something just not sure what.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's a sampler so you can sample the stuff with effects. Just get a free audio app like Audacity and use its internal effects on your WAVs and then sample/transfer them with/to the MPC, like a bit of gated reverb (about 25-30ms) for the drums to make them fatter and delay or phasing effects on the voice samples for a more interesting sound. You can also create several versions of single samples with and without FX or a set of drum samples with different effects for each hit, etc. Endless possibilities.

My samplers (Akai S20 and S2000) don't have effects as well so you gotta be creative, eh! :)

For an external effects unit, I can't recommend the DigiTech Studio Quad highly enough, it came out many years ago but still got the juice. Can be had cheap on ebay, you can use up to four independent FX lines with it which is perfect for small setups. Another inexpensive option would be the Alesis Nanoverb 2, it's not very versatily or feature-rich but what's there works very well and it's dead easy to use. Can be found new for under $100.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
im gonna take a look i noticed how dated it sounds without the fx. I need to get a turntable I have 1,000s of records just sitting. I also need a synth for bass i was thinking of a micro korg. idk

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Try this: Korg Volca Bass.

Great sound, it's analog, has its own sequencer, 3 voices and easy to use.

cosign, I bought my volca bass mainly for synth bass to spruce up my sample based MPC beats, like a year later and I have all the volcas, a FM synth and a minibrute, be careful :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So my brother runs a shop and calls me today and asks if I'm interested in a keyboard that had been sitting in the back for over a month. I ask what it was and he tells me. I drive right over.... $125 bucks out the door, with the hardcase even!

PKJygYP.jpg

Setsuna1982

World Her,
May I use some of those in a project of mine, giving credit of course. It's a freeware thing so noone will get money from it (including me, lol)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Kid,

a Triton for 125 bucks is a good deal. It isn't Korg's finest hour but still a nice workstation.

Setsuna,

you can download most of my tracks from SoundCloud and use it for your projects as long as proper credits are given. Fire away, Sir! :D

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
hey tak! any idea if the alesis quadraverb is any good? I seen one here locally for 100 bucks. I thought it was the one you mentioned above so I was going to jump on it, But I was mistaken. Should I still be interested? part of me just wants something I can rack mount :) I have no cool racks!

Ordered a bunch of MPC parts to really max it out, I look forward to posting pictures. gonna add wood side panels, now if only I could get some massive pioneer VCR feet... I'd definitely post unnecessarily high resolution pics of that.

here's a sound I made and didn't really post anywhere, this may be the only forum that may recognize the sample :) https://soundcloud.com/jeeshyness/ccrs-wip

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I made another track over the weekend. I spent a lot of time on it & ended up thinking "where is this going?...". Then I ended up changing a lot of it last minute. Haven't bothered putting it on youtube yet, but it's on my soundcloud:
Altern8 Frequen-C - Journey To Abarat (Original Mix)

was originally supposed to be more 'dreamy'... but you'll tell that's been changed :(