Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Been AFK for awhile (life issues). Had a chance to do something new, so here it is.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Minilogue and volca beats. Using a distortion and reverb on the volca (it really needs it for the hi's), chorus and delay on the minilogue. Ditto looper pedal.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Good morning!(almost 1am here). I see this thread's been pushed back a bit. Are you still around Tak? õ_Ô

Since last posting, have a few new things.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Anyone know what synth is being used for the bass part at about 0:50 in this song? I hear it pretty often and it's definitely one of my favorite bass synth sounds.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The Roland Jupiter 8 & Yamaha DX7 were 2 of the main/dominating synths of the 80's & both made sounds similar to that.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The Roland Jupiter 8 & Yamaha DX7 were 2 of the main/dominating synths of the 80's & both made sounds similar to that.

My gut was DX7. But I'll play around with my JP-08 and see if I can get something close.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I started working on a Chvrches style reinterpretation of Drive by The Cars years ago. I stopped working on it because I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off. But I got a second wind and did the first verse and chorus over the past week.

https://soundcloud.com/border_down/drive-first-chorus-v2

Ignore the first measure. Logic for some reason messes up the MIDI instruments when bouncing if they start right at the first note of the first measure, so I have to move everything over to start on the second measure.

If you guys could let me know if something sounds weird to you specifically right at the post-chorus, that would be a big help.

So far, the song includes Jupiter 8v, MicroKorg XL, guitar w/ Electric Mistress flanger mic'd by a Shure Beta57, a mix of 909 and Lynn drums from Spark Vintage, and the Prophet-V. Oh and also the second "snare" is me snapping my fingers with a bit crusher applied.

PS: Ignore the bad mix, too. The reversed guitar chords are way too loud. :lolz:

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
cool track, although there's certain sounds that are coming from the right channel exclusively(same with left). is that intentional?

i tinkered with some bit crushing on my latest track as well:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Thanks! The bad mix (panning hard left and right) on some tracks is just to help me hear a bit better and make sure things line up well, since the song is super syncopated. I'll be bringing things back toward the center once I get everything straightened out.

I actually bought a cheapo bit-crushing guitar pedal. It kinda stinks, but I'm not sure if that's an inherent problem with pedals and guitars or if it's just a shit pedal. There are only a few bit crusher pedals on the market, weirdly enough.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
For levels/mixing, I keep switching back & forth from headphones to my monitor speakers. If it's late & I don't want to piss off my neighbors, I'll go for a quick drive & turn up the volume(have a decent system w/ subs in the car)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I see it says Pre Order :make_fac:

I finished another track today myself. My last 2 were house tracks for Altern8, so thought I'd pull a switcheroo today:

oh and I put together a tech house mix about 4 days ago as well:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's the preliminary release on Beatport, the official "world-wide" (haha) release is on December 28th, if I got my label boss right.

Quite frankly, I have no experience with these digital platforms except for YT and SC, it's all a bit weird for me.

All I know is that there's a new EP coming out and there even will an album... after all these years. Well, hooray, eh. :)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I was curious, my latest track("Future") started off as a techno track. Due to the dub style elements I used in it, I ended up labeling it as "Dub Techno". Takumaji (or anyone else), would you consider that a Dub Techno track? It's also 125bpm.

[EDIT]: I ended up changing it's genre to "Dub / Tech House" on SoundCloud. Although if that's still not correct(and should be 'Dub Techno', I'd still like to know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It sounds dubby but the drums/perc are a bit, how shall I put it, too clear and defined for true dub techno, Dub / Tech House sounds more appropriate IMO. One of my benchmarks for dubby stuff would be the early Basic Channel releases.

About doing remixes, it would be cool if you could do remixes of my tracks but now that they're out of my hands, the last word is on my label boss Oliver Kapp. If it's time, I will defo throw your name in the ring.

I hope you're good at oldschool remixing, tho, because there are no single tracks/stems or anything :)

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I haven't made anything new since I got the sub37. Time to do so I think.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I suppose I could always just rely on listening to your tracks & try some sort of re-creation/remix that way :D

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
meanwhile.... in a sketchy part of town... this!....

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
All I know is that there's a new EP coming out and there even will an album... after all these years. Well, hooray, eh. :)

Good things come to those who wait, congratulations! I took a plunge into the linked previews... Craig, Dopplereffekt, Banks even a minimal bit of Hood -- you're certainly out there with the best. Good luck, Takumaji!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good things come to those who wait, congratulations! I took a plunge into the linked previews... Craig, Dopplereffekt, Banks even a minimal bit of Hood -- you're certainly out there with the best. Good luck, Takumaji!

Danke.

I got mail from my label boss yesterday, the official release date has been preponed to Dec. 14th.

So, here it is, ladies and gentlemen. Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Danke.

I got mail from my label boss yesterday, the official release date has been preponed to Dec. 14th.

So, here it is, ladies and gentlemen. Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

N O T . . . .
C L I C K I N G . . . .
. . . . M O F O . . .

x R O T x

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Tak, check your Soundcloud. I sent you a link to a private track. :spock: