Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Sounds like we need to make a track incorporating sounds from Neo Geo games. It'd be fun to make a techno track with art of fighting sound effects/dialogue. hmmm...

Other then that, I've been working on this latest track on & off for about a week now.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'm guessing I've probably already asked at some point.... but I'm having headphone issues.
When I finished this latest track, it sounded like the levels on everything were fine(with the headphones on). When I was driving to work today, I played the track through the car stereo. The main synth sounded way too loud, overpowering everything else. argh!!...

What are some good production headphones that aren't super pricey?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good question. I'm using a pair of Technics RP-DJ1210, they're meant for DJing and aren't exactly linear but I still use it for final mixing and I'm happy with them so far. Most of the production headphones I've tested (Beyerdynamics, AKG, etc.) are very expensive but I don't think it's really necessary to spend that much, provided you know the weak spots of your current ones. For example, the RP-DJ1210 has the tendency to slightly boost the mids so I do lots of comparisons between a new track and some other tracks that I know have a good mix with the headphones on.

Next, I use a spectrum analyzer plugin to get an overview of the frequency band from 20Hz to 20kHz, it's called Voxengo SPAN and is freeware, check it out here: http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/ . Again, make lots of comparisons between tracks of other people people you know and like and yours and also read the manual that comes with it, it's very helpful in finding those offending frequencies and tame them a little with an EQ.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Okay, techno time again: Royal De Luxe

Percussive with a rough kick.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
“My fellow Americans, I’m pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.”

I got inspired to this track by the sound of our fuse cutting machine.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Some fine tracks there sir. I finished another one tonight. back to ol' Altern8 Frequen-C again.

p.s. I hear the Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones are excellent. going to pick up a pair soon!

p.p.s. - been tinkering with the ddj-sx again. hoping to throw together a mix this weekend.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Very nice and deep. Where did you get that awesome voice hooks from? Goes on my playlist.

Meanwhile, here's another Robosoul track called Next Life (Reprise), it's a version of a part of the soundtrack of the movie Midnight Run with Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin. The original track is called In The Next Life.

Electronic Blues or summat... it's a waltz, btw., 3/4.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The vocals are from this:
this robosoul thing... hmm... would be cool to have a microkorg & lay some robotic vocals on that stuff

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The vocals are from this:
this robosoul thing... hmm... would be cool to have a microkorg & lay some robotic vocals on that stuff

Nice, thanks.

Yeah, the new track sounds like a backing track without vocals, I should really work on putting more of that stuff into my tracks... well, it was something like a test anyway, I wanted to find out whether a rhythm&blues scheme can be adapted on Notator with 3/4 signature.

Speaking of robo voices, I have a Roland VT-3 so that would be possible... let's see...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Haven't had much free time lately... but managed to put this together today.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
This time I went a completely different route. Decided to incorporate some 'trance' sounds into a track:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Still wiggling over here:

Yes, one day I'll get a real camera and a proper DAW/Recording Setup.

I'm building another 7U case at the moment.

Just got two Make Noise Pressure Points so will be doing some patches featuring "playing" rather than generative/sequenced stuff.

EDIT: Been more interested in incorporating sampling lately, but it's kind of expensive in eurorack, and I have other actual utility modules I need to buy to expand the flexibility of my system (more function generator, some logic, more vcas) and I need a good filter.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track after a long-ish hiatus: Achterbahn

Kinda 80s wave type of thing.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Another new track: Unterwelt.

Abstract drum programming, all drums and percs come from the Akai S20 sampler (custom-made, of course) and were routed through the Waldorf 2pole analog filter with a gated setup. The bassline comes from the Korg Monotribe, then there's the FB-01 laying the base of the harmonies, Quasimidi Technox doing the filter sweep pad and finally the MFB Nanozwerg with some analog two-tone sequence.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Aaand now: Sofapilot

Core of the drums and percs is the Korg Volca Beats, fed into Waldorf 2pole with some distortion. No samples.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I've been MIA for nearly a month. Finally did something new today:

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hey, good track, nice slow buildup. Like the male voice, probably would have slapped way more fx on it but that's just me. I'd love to have the bit where he says "my heart got hooked on 4 by 4", would it be possible to send me a wav?

I made a new techno track today, a 10+ minutes orgy of percs and noise... Ruecksturz:

Routed the Korg Volca Beats through my Waldorf 2pole filter and again through the Roland VT-3 voice transformer. High distortion. Additional drums come from Akai S2000, bass was done on the Nanozwerg and the alarmy sound comes from the Yamaha FB-01, plus lotsa fx and shit.

Befehl von Major Cliff Allister McLane: Rücksturz zur Erde!

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
After I released it I thought "I should have done this.." or "I should have done that...". Considering how short it is, I'll probably go back and do an extended version with more sounds/fx. Btw, here is the acapella I used:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track: Deep End, with the emphasis on End:

Swimming, struggling, drowning.