Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Guys, I have a really stupid question. Like, take off your thinking caps stupid...

I have a two-tier keyboard stand but it's a mess.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Proline/PL402-2-Tier-Double-X-Braced-Keyboard-Stand-1273887983350.gc

Currently. I have my microKorg XL on the top, then have my 49 key M-Audio midi controller on the bottom, but also have my JP-08 and BCR-2000 on top of the midi controller. I also have my padKontrol on my computer desk since it won't fit anywhere else. I'd like to move the midi controller the top, leaving enough room on the bottom for everything else without stacking anything like an idiot. Is there any flat surface that is long enough but shallow enough to use here? I was thinking just an IKEA table top but I don't think they have anything shallow enough... Can I take measurements and have someone at the Home Depot cut a plank of wood or something?

There are companies that offer special equipment racks and tables made for studio use but that stuff usually is quite pricey. I use a beer table for my mixer and most of the smaller machines, a small table on the left for the Atari ST and Mac Mini, and a low side table for the rack and another two small stools for the Ensoniq Mirage (on the right) and my master keyboard (Yamaha YS100, on the left). I'm always looking for more convenient ways to setup my studio, it's in constant rotation. :)

Here's one of those multi-purpose tables: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2016/07/05/studio-furniture/ . It would be too small for me but judging from your setup, it could work for you.

Cylo, thanks, it's the first time that I've used my new Roland VT-3 in a track. Bought it used for 100 Euros, nice little machine. For the track, I routed the output of my MFB Nanozwerg monosynth through it and chose "synth" and "vocoder" settings to create all sorts of pads with it. It's really fun to use.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's Halloween, been watching lotsa horror movies and thought it could be fun to make a little something that fits to the mood: Encounter

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Cool track. I'd been listening to some halloween'ish electro/techno music lately. Was working on a halloween themed track myself, but didn't finish it before the 31st. :(

I ended up doing this instead:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Very nice house track, Cylo, great buildup and drop, would fit seamlessly in a phonky/high-nrg set... and dat sample! :D

Meanwhile, here's some electrofunk for ya: KEULE

Main drum loops come from the Teenage Engineering PO-12, what a fat lil' bastard that thing is, despite its skinny calculator looks. It gets processed by the Waldorf 2-pole filter (which has become a staple for me), all FX tweaking has been done live.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Another Sunday, another fun day, another track: Watch It Burn

Techno? TechHouse? I dunno...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Those are some cool tracks(I liked 'Watch It Burn' the most). Sounds like 'tech house' w/ a faster bpm.

I decided to submit that Rhythm Controll remix to a few labels for the hell of it. One of them got back to me saying they liked the track, but want to hear something original(not a remix)... I explained that the only thing I "borrowed" from the original track was just the vocals. It seems they are now following me on Soundcloud.
I'm hoping that's a good thing?... and I now feel like I should be doing a better job on my tracks :shame:
Regardless, I wish I had more time(only have a few hours today to work on something... and that's probably it for the week). Going to start something new shortly.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm a bit wary of these "labels" that are active on SoundCloud, some blow sugar up yer ass until you license a track to them and you'll get like 50 bucks and that's it. Digital promotion platforms like SoundCloud attract lots of shady people, just look at all those pay-for-plays bots that send you a like as soon as uploading of a new track is finished, etc. So whatever you do, keep your eyes open. :)

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
If you're looking to sell tracks for licensing, wouldn't it be better to work with stock music companies than these so-called labels on SoundCloud?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I started by sending the track to established labels that I was already familiar with. The "label" that's following me is one I am not familiar with(but noticed an assortment of artists on trackitdown.net that had it listed as their label). That is "Club Restricted".

I have noticed the instant "likes" in the past from supposed promotion companies(just ignored them). Not sure what to think of this Cub Restricted though. :spock:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Managed to finish another track today after all.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
put together another track. this time under 'cylotron'.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
.......... and here is another track. this time with some oldschool house 'piano' style sounds.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Also made a new track: Ball And Chain.

Your recent tracks are quite classic, Cylo, I like that.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Hello again. :vik:

Interesting sounds in that track(Ball And Chain). Some 8-bit style 'glitches' would go well thrown in here & there on it.

I took advantage of having a day off of work & decided to do another track.
It has the 'siren/alarm' sound from Silent Hill in it(and also entitled "Otherworld" as it changes to the 'otherworld' when the siren sounds in the games/movies.

DELETED :crying:

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
That 'Otherworld' track... it seemed to be missing something(bassline).

So here's a fixed version.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
and here is another new one for today.

in case you don't know... Danny Wolfers is Legowelt

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Here is my Sunday track: Mostrich

Cool Legowelt tribute, nice and hypnotic.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Did an official 90mins Xmas party gig for H&M tonite...

Went in there, rocked the house, drank my free vodka and left five minutes after the last track. Ninja vanish!!

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The Mostrich track was pretty cool. Will have to play that xmas mix at work.

Made another track today. There's a version with vocals & a version without(the one without is on bandcamp)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Solid track, man. Did you record the vocal hooks yourself? I always wanted to work with a good singer, trouble is that none of them I asked over the years could be arsed... they ran away as soon as they had heard my music... :D

Have fun with the mix.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Back to the studio: Verwandlung.

Korg DDM-110 drum machine ran through Roland VT-3 (adaptive Vocoder) and Korg Monotron Delay leads to some interesting results... it's almost speech.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Another day, another track: Sudum.

A bit of something with drums 'n stuff.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Hello.

I had been gone for awhile. The vocals from 'On The Track' were from someone who had recorded them herself & asked about putting them into a track. In addition to the song itself, I had to put her vocals through some filtering to enhance the sound.

Other then that, finished a new track today: