Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Made another track today. It was one I started as a 'techno' track @ 140bpm awhile ago. Never finished it... Now it's @ 130bpm and is breaks instead. õ_Ô

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Up next is a remake/remix from a track that Tak probably enjoyed back in the day.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Great new track and remix. Of course I remember Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess, its title was the subtitle of one of our clubs (Attacke) for several years. :) Seven, eight, nine, kann denn das noch sein? :D

Calculating Machine has some big beat elements, nice.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ok, my turn again! :)

New track: Uebergang

New mix: Colpo Due

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Another new track: Vox Chyma

Bit on the heavier side. I love the kick that I sampled from the Teenage Engineering PO-12 Rhythm with the Akai S2000. Great little machine.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Not happy with this one:

Arrangemnt is okay but I couldn't get th mix right.

(sorry for typos, broken keyboard)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Guess what... ...a new track!!11!

Techno on the minimal side, lots of grit and dirt, courtesy of my ever-degrading setup.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track: Was Bleibt

Electronic/Ambient type of piece. I undusted my good old Kawai K1m and made a ethereal sound I called Sonic Sea and constructed this little track around it, was fun to make.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
lots of new tracks! i just have 1 new one. it's one i've been working on, on & off for some time. i kept changing things & finally decided "enough!"... and now it's online:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Halt! Hammerzeit!

A real modulation and cross-distortion monster of a track, created some samples from random YT material which took me a couple of hours... started sampling at 2pm and was finished with the track 6 hours later, that's more than double what I usually need.

I like it.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
That was a cool track. I'll occasionally use youtube for vocal samples. speaking of which...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Industry is awesome, there's lots of cool stuff happening in the stereo field and I also like the sounds a lot. Good stuff.

I mostly download sermons of TV preachers from YT, you get lots of spoken words, usually with a good and clear voice, and no annoying music in the background. For Hammerzeit I constructed the voice samples from a sermon by a certain Dr Charles Stanley. Guess he wouldn't like to be part of such a sinful piece of music, but hey ... :D

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Here's a rather simplistic oldstyle electro track for ya: Trostbouillon

Well, what can I say... it was fun making it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Two new tracks... I have a bit more free time than usual...

Plus+

Another piece of my Robosoul series.

Eyesicle

Something for the early-morning club hours. Abstract, gritty and noisy, just how I like 'em.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track: Streuobst

A rather straight-forward TechHouse track, quite percussive.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Two new tracks from the Robosoul series:

El Bolo

Killing Yolk

Gotta love that awesome noise, eh :D I decided to leave it in, gives the track lotsa character.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track: Elektra

Went back to YouTube for now, will continue to upload my tracks to SoundCloud. SC really pisses me off, stats are completely wrong and there are lots of other minor issues which sometimes makes using the service a nuissance.

So... dubby TechHouse again, with more Tech than House. Kick is from the Teenage Engineering PO-12, nice, eh.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Hello Hello!

Lot's of new stuff to check out I see. The last track I made was this:

I haven't finished anything else yet. I ended up trading my desktop for a laptop last week. Took awhile to re-install my software & all the VST's again.

Using a Sager laptop. Apparently it's upgradable to 64GB of DDR4 memory(currently has 16GB installed... curious to see if 64 would benefit much).

My desktop had a i7-4790k CPU & 16GB DDR3 memory... it'd regularly use 15 - 20% CPU usage & my memory usage on it averaged 40 - 50%. This laptop has an i7-6700HQ CPU. Will have to do some experimenting & see how usage goes.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Haven't had the time to upload the tracks to YT so here are some SoundCloud-Links:

Batzen Am Balkon (Techno)

Regenmacher (Robosoul, very noisy, there was something wrong with the denoiser/compressor settings)

Maelstrom (Techno)

Cushion FX (Robosoul)

And Bob's Yer Uncle (Discofunk, with a loop by Grover Washington, Jr. from the album Mister Magic (B-side))

Have fun if you can.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I know it's getting a bit out of hand, but... here's another one:

Broken boom?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Hello

I haven't been very active lately(haven't fully transitioned to the laptop just yet).

Some cool stuff there. The robosoul stuff is especially nice. Something I'd like to dabble with.
I did finish a new track the other day(didn't get around to posting it here yet):

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Your new track sounds great, I like the watery fx and the voices.

I've been revisiting my vinyl collection over the past few weeks and also made some samples here and there, it's a great way to recharge your inspiration reservoir and blow away the dust of everyday routine. Some of the Robosoul tracks are a direct result of that.

What's more, I've undusted my good old Quasimidi Technox 19" expander and used it on two new tracks, threw it out of my active rig more than two years ago but decided that it's time to give it another go. Bought it new when it came out in 1994/95 as a sound library with pads, stabs and percs because I couldn't afford a sampler so expanders like the Technox (or the Roland D-110 for that matter) were the way to go back then. Basically it's a rompler with 512 preset sounds that can be adjusted in some way, 16x multimode (which was one of its major selling points) and a FX section with two (serial) FX lines and good effects, some of the reverbs and specially the flangers and phasers still sound great. It came out when Trance was big and it shows, the pads and strings section is full of sounds that were used in many recordings of that time.

That said, the samples have a low sample rate, some of them sound muffled and lack highs but sometimes that comes in handy if you need something in the background of a track that provides more depth and doesn't hog all the frequency bands. The FX section allows you to switch off all dry components and only let the wet FX sound through, that way the stereo field becomes super-wide and gives you a great floaty, ethereal carpet of sound.

Listening to the builtin demo song after all this time is hilarious, tho... check it out here:

Cheesey, eh. :D Reminds me a bit of the credit roll theme of KoF2k.