Home....

Marek

Banned
The tetons are more home than anywhere else has been. Knoxvilly tn (big ups lithy my nuchhhh!!) Is second.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
England will always be home to me, specifically Leeds / Yorkshire. I like the Florida weather but there is no sense of community in Tampa. This is evident when I go to a sporting event and a significant minority of the people are cheering for the other team. Most of the people in my neighborhood are from somewhere else. Honestly, apart from my wife, I have not made any close friends since I came to America 15 years ago. A lot of that is my fault but it really is very different here and it will never be "home".

I'm sort of in the same boat, born in the UK but living in the staes for 10+ years...
London will always be my home, but I love handguns and v8 pickup trucks too much to ever leave the States...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm sort of in the same boat, born in the UK but living in the staes for 10+ years...
London will always be my home, but I love handguns and v8 pickup trucks too much to ever leave the States...

I understand, believe me. It would be rather depressing to go back at this point and giving up the big house and material wealth to live in a comparative shithole :lolz:

TonK

Least Valuable Player

I understand, believe me. It would be rather depressing to go back at this point and giving up the big house and material wealth to live in a comparative shithole :lolz:

Were jobs the reason both of you came to America?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Nah, mums American and dads English.

Moved back and forth alot while growing up did some school here, some there.

My Mrs. is American, we talk about maybe retiring back over there one day, but like I say....
handguns and V8 engines.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Nah, mums American and dads English.

Moved back and forth alot while growing up did some school here, some there.

My Mrs. is American, we talk about maybe retiring back over there one day, but like I say....
handguns and V8 engines.

I'd like to visit London one day. Looks peaceful over there.

Wife imported me ;)

You guys met online?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member

I don't think I would call London peaceful...
It's a lot like NYC, rude people who don't speak the language, lots of crime, small living accommodations for big money, but there is something magical about a huge city like that....

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

You guys met online?

Yeah, back when it was weird and creepy.

And as Craig mentioned, London is a lot of things but peaceful isn't one of them ;)

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
... Where's your "spiritual" Home... or where you felt most comfortable...

my home is vegas. originally born in miami and moved to vegas when i was 4. love it here despite having hot ass summers.

also used to move around a lot when i was younger but since i purchased my house over 4 years old, ive settled down and it feels good knowing i wont ever have to move.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Vegas is so cray. As long as you have a little spending money in your budget, it's probably an awesome place to live. :buttrock:

I like Colorado a lot, I gripe about it sometimes and there was some culture shock the first year or so, but overall I don't really want to live anywhere else, been here over four years now. Been thinking about moving down to Denver or back to the Springs for a while now, it may be necessity soon. The cost of living in Fort Collins just isn't worth it to me anymore.

I still love Atlanta though, if I had a good reason to do so I would move back. A lot of people hate, but that city is goddamn FUN!

This post nailed it.
My current home is TN I always seem to end up back here. I was here for middle school to college years so that's probably why I seem to come back. Before that I lived in the Atlanta area which I also agree is very fun and in my current job I go to CO for a week every other month. I have logged thousands and thousands of miles driving all around that state and it's absolutely beautiful. Lots of very different areas with flat lands, mountainous regions, etc... I really like Denver the most if I was to live and work in any city there, and then I could just visit the other areas on the weekend. I spent some time in The Carolinas and I would not move back there. No offense to anyone who lives there of course :-)

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've been to London a few times and wandered around the city quite a bit. While it's busy, I found the average Londoner friendly, busy but friendly. I have an accent and I do think it made a difference. It sure started most conversations.

Home is S.E. Michigan. I love the seasonal changes and being a half hour away from Detroit gives you the advantages of a big city.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Vegas is so cray. As long as you have a little spending money in your budget, it's probably an awesome place to live. :buttrock:

vegas is a pretty cool place to live forsure if you can stand the triple digit weather in the summer. weather here be crazy sometimes and road construction everywhere! Other then that, its pretty cool here

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
vegas is a pretty cool place to live forsure if you can stand the triple digit weather in the summer. weather here be crazy sometimes and road construction everywhere! Other then that, its pretty cool here

you know you're some place special when it feels like you're getting a sunburn at 1am

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
This post nailed it.
My current home is TN I always seem to end up back here. I was here for middle school to college years so that's probably why I seem to come back. Before that I lived in the Atlanta area which I also agree is very fun and in my current job I go to CO for a week every other month. I have logged thousands and thousands of miles driving all around that state and it's absolutely beautiful. Lots of very different areas with flat lands, mountainous regions, etc... I really like Denver the most if I was to live and work in any city there, and then I could just visit the other areas on the weekend. I spent some time in The Carolinas and I would not move back there. No offense to anyone who lives there of course :-)

Maaaaan, of all the places in the south, I miss Middle Tennessee the most. When I was younger, Nashville was my favorite place ever and where I wanted to live when I grew up. It just didn't work out like that, ended up in Atlanta instead.

Been wanting to give Seattle or Portland a try for a while, even started heading that direction a few years ago, but I can't seem to pull myself away from Colorado. Even the lure of living near family again in the Raleigh/Durham area wasn't enough.

Every place has its ups and downs, at the end of the day, might as well be somewhere you're happy.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
you know you're some place special when it feels like you're getting a sunburn at 1am

I went to Vegas one September and it was the most intense heat I have ever experienced. Going outside was like opening a pizza oven and sticking your head in.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Lots of places have felt comfortable, but none of them ever felt like home.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I went to Vegas one September and it was the most intense heat I have ever experienced. Going outside was like opening a pizza oven and sticking your head in.

yep! last week, i went to pick up my dogs from the pet salon and it was around 4pm. my car read the temperature at 122 degrees. vegas heat aint no joke

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
yep! last week, i went to pick up my dogs from the pet salon and it was around 4pm. my car read the temperature at 122 degrees. vegas heat aint no joke

Ranks right up there with Phoenix heat. There was a night a couple of years ago when a record was set for high minimum temperature...98 degrees. Overnight lows in the low to mid 90's are commonplace here during the monsoon season.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Ranks right up there with Phoenix heat. There was a night a couple of years ago when a record was set for high minimum temperature...98 degrees. Overnight lows in the low to mid 90's are commonplace here during the monsoon season.

wouldn't doubt it. i heard phoenix is pretty rough as well in the summer. luckily we are getting a drop in temperature here next week.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Been calling Eastern Washington home for about 33 years now. It's not too bad really, all my family is here pretty much. Plus even though some have moved away, a lot of my good childhood friends still live around here. So we're a pretty tight knit group, I don't think I 'd want to live anywhere else...

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Been calling Eastern Washington home for about 33 years now. It's not too bad really, all my family is here pretty much. Plus even though some have moved away, a lot of my good childhood friends still live around here. So we're a pretty tight knit group, I don't think I 'd want to live anywhere else...

I wish I had enough money to live out there. I think Ellensburg or Moses Lake would be quite nice, among other cities.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I wish I had enough money to live out there. I think Ellensburg or Moses Lake would be quite nice, among other cities.

I'm in Spokane myself to be exact, and the cost of living out here really isn't all that bad. Of course I room with a buddy who owns a house, so it's pretty cheap for me. Plus there's some decent jobs who'll pretty much hire you on the spot if you can just piss clean.