Taito Type X2 setup help needed

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Hey guys,

Just got one of these, and was looking to hook up into my Blast City cab. Or, if it's easier, in my Naomi Uni cab. (Not sure which is the easier option, but I was assuming the JAMMA Blast City cab would be.)

I was hoping to get some help on how to do so; the extent of my technical knowledge doesn't go much past JAMMA. ;)

Hopefully, someone here will have already done this themselves, and can walk me through it.

Also, I got one of the HDD flash drive things with most of the games on it, and hope that's an easy connection as well.

I can take/post pics if it's helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Orri~

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Do you have the jvs to jamma i/o? Otherwise the Uni cab might be the way to go.

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
The Naomi uni is the easier option as it is a JVS cab. But you can use it in the blast with the Capcom IO.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
What would I need to use the Naomi (JVS) cab then? (And doesn't it already have the Jamma to JVS I/O in the cab?)

I might be misunderstanding; or probably am misunderstanding.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Your Naomi cab is JVS. The Taito X2 is JVS. This is a no-brainer.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
I appreciate the info. Sorry guys, I wish I knew more about this stuff, but I don't.

How can I connect the mobo in the Naomi cab? The inputs look totally different to me.

Thanks again,
Orri~

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
Just plug the USB from the jvs IO into the IO card on the type x2.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Just plug the USB from the jvs IO into the IO card on the type x2.

You might want a picture to go with that so you'll have to plug the VGA cable from your monitor to the X2. The X2 runs off it's own power supply so you don't have to use power from the cab.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Ok, so far, I have power, picture, and gameplay. However, I don't have any sound.

Anyone know how to get sound? I tried plugging the white & red composites from inside the cab to different jacks on the outside of the Type X2 mobo, but didn't get anything.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for everything so far guys!

Orri~

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I would guess you need an RCA to 1/8th (headphones) and that would plug into the green colored jack on the system if there is one. If there is not, can you take a picture of your mobo?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I would guess you need an RCA to 1/8th (headphones) and that would plug into the green colored jack on the system if there is one. If there is not, can you take a picture of your mobo?

This is correct

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
There is a green jack. The mobo came with a red & white composite to single black lead with silver jack. I'll assume that it's what you're referring to.

I guess I'll need to get something to connect the red & white connectors on that, to the red & white cables in my Uni cab.

Sound about right?

Thanks,
Orri~

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yep. Or just grab one of these if that's not what you have already

audio1-rca-to-headphone.jpg