Neo Geo Pocket B&W / Color / Slim comparison

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm surprised you didn't mention the better screen contrast on the slim, to me that makes it the best version by far. I never noticed the screen being lower in position, but now that you said it I see it, too. Doesn't bother me at all though.

davidevoid

n00b
Thanks for giving it a read xsq.

I hadn't noticed the difference in contrast. Do you mean the blacks are darker or that the colours are brighter (or both!)? Are there any particular games you notice it on?

xsq

The TFT is improved overall as far as I can tell... darker blacks, brighter whites.
Have a look in here.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The TFT is improved overall as far as I can tell... darker blacks, brighter whites.
Have a look in here.
lol not even worth mentioning. If it was like the wonderswan color vs wonderswan crystal I'd bite but it isn't. the difference is extremely minimal to take notice. I have both, and slim is overhyped.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
the difference is extremely minimal to take notice. I have both, and slim is overhyped.

I agree. I never saw much of a difference and have always stuck with the original model since it's what I started with. Although, it has been a long time since I compared them, I should check it out again.

xsq

Crétins: I have both models too and to me the difference is noticable. Sure, there's not worlds between the two, but the (slightly) better screen and (slightly) smaller case make the slim the best model for me.