Neo Geo Confessions: What is the most irresponsible thing you've done with your games?

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
The most irresponsible thing? I can think of several.

The first thing that comes to mind was years ago letting my little brother have access to my games unchecked. He had our old SNES in his room and would ask if he could play them. I let him because at the time the box I kept them in was stored in his closet (my room at the time was non existent in size so they pretty much had to go there). The guy was a slob and would never put stuff back even when asked and I found out to my dismay that not only was he not taking care of my stuff properly, he had peddled some games off to my cousins and his friends when he needed money. :very_ang: :blow_top:

When I found out I gave him the beating of his life and got him kicked out of the house for it. To this day I still won't purposely associate with him because his behavior seems unchanged. :oh_no:

At one point I had the genius idea that I wanted all of my Genesis games in clamshells, even the ones that shipped in cardboard boxes. I ended up taking a Phantasy Star 4 and cropping the outer cardboard box to fit inside a clamshell. I did it to a couple of other games as well but looking back I realize what a supremely idiotic idea that was and I would LOVE to go back and kick my own ass for conjuring it up in the first place. :emb:

One other thing I can think of (this one is Neo related) is I did some wheeling and dealing on GameTZ several years ago. There was this guy who I did some regular trades with. We bantered back and forth about games and he had several TurboGrafx games I didn't have and he was interested in some of my Neo carts. I acquiesced to the idea because I had the games in CD form as well. I don't even remember the TG16 games I got in trade but in terms of carts I parted ways with I can remember titles like Magician Lord, Samurai Shodown II, and Top Hunter for certain. I wish I could undo that mess. :help:

I also remember one time I decided to trade off a bunch of PS1 games to GameStop because I had this epiphany of sorts that I buy and never play so it was time to trim the fat. I know I sold off a lot of Square titles like Brave Fencer and Bushido Blade and apparently I traded away this RPG known as Suikoden II. :oh_no:

I've since bought back most of what I traded off that day and ever since I've only traded/sold things that were doubles or were replaced by better condition copies I acquired however I've yet to reclaim Suikoden II. I can't even remember if I got store credit to buy something else from GameStop or if I took the hit and got cash. I'm thinking my dumb ass took the cash option. :annoyed:

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I once had a PC Engine with the CD ROM unit and around 30 games, some good ones in there as well like YS I&II. One day it stopped reading CDs and those were my favourite games so I ended up swapping the lot for Jumping Flash and Battle Arena Toshinden on the PS1 :o The real kicker was the CD unit wasn't broken and I was told a piece of blutac in the right place fixed it, alignment or something.

I facepalm when I think about that trade but it was close to 20 years ago. Back then though aging hardware had little to no value, that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night. :)

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The dumbest thing i've done with my games was to not put my cd games back in their cases. So they would get scratched up really fast and have problems playing. That's about it. Since I've always rented my games when i was a kid, I never really had enough time to do anything really stupid.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I posted out my Pulstar aes to russia, regular post, no insurance, no anything. I got away with it, but on reflection this was pretty fucking dumb.

Are you sure you're not on heavy medication? :eek::eek::eek:

You certainly are one lucky mother fucker!!!

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Sold all my AES games (30) when I moved from Ireland to Australia. Some really nice games in there too, really regret it.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
this thread exists because of me... I used to open MVS carts to about 45 degrees and that did wrinkle a couple of labels... not that stupid actually, they're just arcade parts, but stupid enough to post here nevertheless.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
In my last game room, I left the blinds open too often and some things got light damage. Luckily the only Neo Geo items that were affected were a couple shock box inserts.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I loaned a buddy my Genesis & Sega CD.

He had 4 dogs at the time. They didn't chew any of the cords or gnaw anything. The fucking dogs shit all over everything and it was runny. He had an after party, we planned on playing some FIFA and found feka instead.

I told him I don't want It back. It ended up getting tossed.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I loaned a buddy my Genesis & Sega CD.

He had 4 dogs at the time. They didn't chew any of the cords or gnaw anything. The fucking dogs shit all over everything and it was runny. He had an after party, we planned on playing some FIFA and found feka instead.

I told him I don't want It back. It ended up getting tossed.

Yes, yes, this is more like it! :lolz:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
ruining discs in the ps1 John Mcenroeing the controller at the system.
xbox 360s?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think you're wrong Karou. The worse thing you have done to your games was displayed recently with your Metal Slug art but that still doesn't top to your stupid sales thread, what a fucken fiasco! To think mods were enforcing your right to sell something and even temp banned someone over it, what a fucking load of shit, did someone buy that POS anyway?!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
11813406_10206417436688046_8616450636190702852_n_zpsi8dw6zqe.jpg

sorry about the flyer EG! I guess I shouldn't have done that to the sticker either?
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/itrader_detail.php?ir=55059&u=36381
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...serial-shock&p=3911139&viewfull=1#post3911139

I think ruining imports bought from buyrite (70$+psx games)beyond rebuffing was worse. lets pretend like those things (flyers and craps)don't just sit in folders mosly though right?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, let's pretend you are not pretending to be a retard and talk straight for once. Does your unbothered art sits in folders or do you get the itch to do something with it 'cause you got nothing better to do and thus have no unbothered art? You can display the art without butchering it, in case you are not aware of such thing.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Neo Geo Confessions: What is the most irresponsible thing you've done with yo...

I traded around 50 boxed snes games to gamestop to buy a PlayStation one at launch. Enough said :(

OG Playstation launch or the slimmer updated PSone?

Last edited: