So, Donald Trump wants to be President...

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I casually know of Donald Trump, I've never followed him particularly closely aside from what pops up from time to time about him in the national media...

I heard he was legit running for president now and actually checked out his speech...

A. Comedy gold. I find his combination of arrogance and blunt delivery hilarious.

B. He actually makes some good points.

C. I quite enjoy the thought of this country being run as a *business*.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
It could have been an snl skit, but when you realize he is serious it frightens me.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It doesn't matter who the president is.

We're still going to get more war, more welfare, more unfunded liabilities, more surveillance state. Trump won't get elected and even if he did, he'd fall right in line with the rest of them.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Well, Trump is more like clown and people tend to laugh at him more than respect lol. You're gonna get a new Bush like it or not. Money talks bullshit walks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If Trump is going to fix the deficit with his personal bank account, I will vote for him.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
If he's still alive; this is great news for Darrell Hammond.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I think he's only half serious can't really tell. Either way it hilarious the way he skewers politicians and their policies.. doesn't take government handouts so he isn't forced to kiss ass. Great publicity stunt

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
He only does this for his own self-aggrandizement. Not meant to be taken seriously.

And look up his history... he's a terrible businessman. He's a trust-fund kid who had everything handed to him and only remains relevant because he knows how to sell himself.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You know people get into this idea of a country run as a business but when you run a publicly traded company, every part of the company has to be profitable, or it gets canned. You can't run, for example, West Virginia as a business. As a business, the president would need to consider selling West Virginia off, or "laying off" the current population there as they are fucking useless with the exception of WVU. (and to be fair to WV, the state has been in neglect since the Civil War, there are fundamental investments that would need to take place well before it can be assessed at the level of its neighboring states).

As a business, the USA would need to explore profit making measures as a country, rather than simply letting the domestic companies do that themselves.

Maybe there was a reason that the founding fathers specifically avoided a business styled government. Maybe they understood that the establishment of government exists to defend the people, and their property. A profitable government institution might be able to protect the people, but for how long? When will it need to reassess, and deny further funding for the weakest performing areas?

That said, Trump is not a complete idiot. He knows that people don't fucking get it, and never will. Think about the average intelligence, and remind yourself that half the population are stupider than that. If you can appeal to that demographic, plus a few more votes, you win.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
A turd on a stick will be better than Hillary ..so I guess Trump would be also.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
That said, Trump is not a complete idiot. He knows that people don't fucking get it, and never will. Think about the average intelligence, and remind yourself that half the population are stupider than that. If you can appeal to that demographic, plus a few more votes, you win.

You should move to the UK or somewhere else... I do feel that maybe you'd be happier living in a place that doesn't think Fracking won't harm the environment... or that the Rapture is a REAL phenomenon and cause to try and destroy the world....

xROTx

PS. If you do move to the UK... please come stay... We have a Hooters in Manchester... :p

EDIT: BUT they always look bored... meh... damn strippers...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
His daughter is fucking hot. I'd vote for him.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You should move to the UK or somewhere else... I do feel that maybe you'd be happier living in a place that doesn't think Fracking won't harm the environment... or that the Rapture is a REAL phenomenon and cause to try and destroy the world....

xROTx

PS. If you do move to the UK... please come stay... We have a Hooters in Manchester... :p

EDIT: BUT they always look bored... meh... damn strippers...

I find that most English people are bored.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
His daughter is fucking hot. I'd vote for him.

Stop thinking with your cawk... and vote Arnie... it's the ONLY way to save 'murikah...

xROTx

PS. Let's admit it... it's a penis fight between you and China atm... I hear they were fighting for seating at a convention... geez... grow up:D

EDIT:

I find that most English people are bored.

Err.. yeah... prob the best description for me most days:D

MuppeT

War Room Troll
That said, Trump is not a complete idiot. He knows that people don't fucking get it, and never will. Think about the average intelligence, and remind yourself that half the population are stupider than that.

made me laugh a bit... but anyway this is the US ... and what you said is wrong because it is more like 80% .

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Trump makes some good points, but his approach is all wrong.

And he's an arrogant shit.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm surprised the internet hasn't exploded with memes quoting "I beat China everyday".

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
C. I quite enjoy the thought of this country being run as a *business*.

Rick Snyder tried that in Michigan... it's resulted in nothing but a crybaby legislature that immediately re-passes anything the voters reject. Fuck that asshole.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I think trump entering the arena is a good thing. Since (ideally) he is not beholden to interest groups or lobbyists he can talk plainly to the American people. I believe he won't actually win, but his entrance into the game will force other politicians to speak more bluntly and less pc. He already pissed off latin america with his comments and possibly alienated the latin vote; having said that he speaks very frank and plainly and that will appeal to a lot of people. Hopefully will siphon some votes from Hillary at least.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
How is Trump going to take votes from Hillary? He's not going to be the Republican's candidate.