NGPC Replacement Battery Covers

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That's very cool. 3D printing is going to be great for providing long gone parts for retro game systems and toys. Reasonable price as well.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
More recently I noticed there are new replacement NGPC lenses coming out of China. However, if they are anything like the GB ones, they will scratch really easily.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
More recently I noticed there are new replacement NGPC lenses coming out of China. However, if they are anything like the GB ones, they will scratch really easily.

I replaced an NGPC lens before and the problem I ran into was trying to find the right adhesive for it. Everything I tried short of permanent bond type glues, it would keep lifting after a week or so.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yup, he's been selling these for about a year now, also has the coin cell cover. Good stuff, although I think they could look a little smoother...

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I replaced an NGPC lens before and the problem I ran into was trying to find the right adhesive for it. Everything I tried short of permanent bond type glues, it would keep lifting after a week or so.

Was it one of the new ones, or the Madcow brand from when the system was still alive? I'm curious as I have yet to try either one.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I stocked both at my store. Stop out pretty quick. The 3d printed coin doors are good for replacement doors, but look awful. The lens are cheap plastic and will cause glare depending on the light source and angle. I mentioned these on my site, but they still sold. I had bought a lot of both of them to provide a cheap alternative for my fellow NGPC gamers. I had a few people confirm my findings. I don't think I'll be ordering anymore. The lens come in different colours from Aliexpress too.

scooby105

Kula's Candy
I bought one of these a while back. It's not the best, but it's definitely way better than taping the batteries in. You can feel the difference in texture between the NGPC and the battery cover. It also could fit a bit better. But, as far as I'm aware, it's the best option out there.