Xbox One to run old Xbox 360 games

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why would you like to buy an xbox one? Seriously? Just because of the backward compatibility potential?

This console (and the ps4 actually (I have the ps4, disappointed at this point, but still more powerful)) needs real new games...! Not only COD or Fifa or NHL... Real bloody good games! :)

I don't even need to comment.
Just.... prepare yourself for the others that will.

dragon_asia

Zero's Secretary
Both are shitty in terms of games... Lack of real new games... So I am really thinking to sell my ps4... but I can't, it is a limited edition I bought in Tokyo last year... But I am disappointed...
I am taking more fun with my ps3 or dc than my next gen console LOL.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Both are shitty in terms of games... Lack of real new games... So I am really thinking to sell my ps4... but I can't, it is a limited edition I bought in Tokyo last year... But I am disappointed...
I am taking more fun with my ps3 or dc than my next gen console LOL.

Then don't buy an xbox one.
Then sell your PS4. I assure you, you CAN sell it and get way more than you paid if it's indeed a limited edition console)
Then dig a bunker
Then collect years worth of food and water
Then take your PS3 and live in there.
Then exit after years of forced solitude and partake of the bounty of games for BOTH consoles, some of which are backward compatible with the 360.

TL;DR -
Get over yourself.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm too busy playing new games to bother with older games.

I still haven't finished Xenoblade Chronicles yet.

Pretty cool for those that have an XBone and a catalog of 360 games though.

Agreed. I've got an enourmous back log and I'll wait.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Not to start an other war, but the problem I see with this generation is it takes too long to develop the amazing game. The Last GTA took 5 years to develop on the last gen systems. Granted certain other genres of games will take less time it's getting to the point that you need a staff as large as a movie studio to cut time off the blockbuster titles enough to make a differance. It probably why japanese companies are taking such a hit and getting out of the industry.

dragon_asia

Zero's Secretary
Then don't buy an xbox one.
Then sell your PS4. I assure you, you CAN sell it and get way more than you paid if it's indeed a limited edition console)
Then dig a bunker
Then collect years worth of food and water
Then take your PS3 and live in there.
Then exit after years of forced solitude and partake of the bounty of games for BOTH consoles, some of which are backward compatible with the 360.

TL;DR -
Get over yourself.

Man, if you expect to have a backward compatibility of every games of the 360, I think that you are wrong.
Second point, I am sorry, I don't see the point to buy a xbox one for only playing my x360 games. However, I reckon that this announce was pretty exciting and I am looking forward for getting the same on ps4.
Last point, the focus of microsoft should be to provide us NEW GOOD GAMES. (and sony as well). Shenmue 3 :) :)

Last edited:

dragon_asia

Zero's Secretary
Not to start an other war, but the problem I see with this generation is it takes too long to develop the amazing game. The Last GTA took 5 years to develop on the last gen systems. Granted certain other genres of games will take less time it's getting to the point that you need a staff as large as a movie studio to cut time off the blockbuster titles enough to make a differance. It probably why japanese companies are taking such a hit and getting out of the industry.

I agree at 100%. These new generation of console are very poor in term of new licences or solid games. Xone or PS4 have almost the same games, what's a shame!

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Man, if you expect to have a backward compatibility of every games of the 360, I think that you are wrong.
Second point, I am sorry, I don't see the point to buy a xbox one for only playing my x360 games. However, I reckon that this announce was pretty exciting and I am looking forward for getting the same on ps4.
Last point, the focus of microsoft should be to provide us NEW GOOD GAMES. (and sony as well). Shenmue 3 :) :)

You so obviously haven't read this thread. I state several times that not every game is going to be playable and I'm ok with that.

And who the hell said they were buying an Xbox one JUST for BC games? If this is your one and only reason why you're buying it, you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

I'm sorry, but calling Shenmue a NEW game is laughable. It may be a new entry in the series, but its HARDLY a new game. Just another sequel in a long line of franchises that are getting old and over produced. Lets face it, I was a shenmue fan.. I even imported the PAL version of Shenmue 2 to play and to be honest, Shenmue's time has passed. If this were like 5 years ago, maybe, but its been a decade.. Any hope that ANYONE has of this game being any good is purely nostalgia-goggles. I would be VERY surprised if it was any good. I'll believe it when I see it.

Coming in here to say "HUR HUR XBROS SUCK" is SOOOO three pages ago.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
As someone fortunate enough to have a PS4, Xbone and Wii U I can say all have been good purchases and have provided good games.

Without a doubt, the Wii U gets the most playtime from me. Next would be the Xbone. And last would be the PS4.
But the thing I spend most time on is ogling my amiibos - and you all should too.

Lemony Vengeance

As someone fortunate enough to have a PS4, Xbone and Wii U I can say all have been good purchases and have provided good games.

Without a doubt, the Wii U gets the most playtime from me. Next would be the Xbone. And last would be the PS4.
But the thing I spend most time on is ogling my amiibos - and you all should too.

I had all three last generation, and I LOVE it when people who own all three give their opinion because they know better than anyone else how things work across all platforms. no Sarcasm here, I really like it when people have tasted all three and can say which flavor they like best.

dragon_asia

Zero's Secretary
You so obviously haven't read this thread. I state several times that not every game is going to be playable and I'm ok with that.

And who the hell said they were buying an Xbox one JUST for BC games? If this is your one and only reason why you're buying it, you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

I'm sorry, but calling Shenmue a NEW game is laughable. It may be a new entry in the series, but its HARDLY a new game. Just another sequel in a long line of franchises that are getting old and over produced. Lets face it, I was a shenmue fan.. I even imported the PAL version of Shenmue 2 to play and to be honest, Shenmue's time has passed. If this were like 5 years ago, maybe, but its been a decade.. Any hope that ANYONE has of this game being any good is purely nostalgia-goggles. I would be VERY surprised if it was any good. I'll believe it when I see it.

Coming in here to say "HUR HUR XBROS SUCK" is SOOOO three pages ago.

Shenmue 3, he will be good for sure :) Let's start the bet :)

dragon_asia

Zero's Secretary

True! Actually I am mostly playing with my wii u and watching netflix with my ps4 ...!