Gold Cart Mario Kart ????

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Was there ever a limited edition Super Mario Kart game for snes that came with a gold colored shell?
My gf says she got one for her bday years ago and we cant find anything online about it. She received it new in box. It was later stolen. But hearing about it and not being able to find anything really makes me wonder.

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Someone else once mentioned a gold SNES cart for super mario kart on racketboy back in 2010. I thought he was probably mistaken since I wasn't able to find anything on it. I've never seen or heard anything about it besides you two.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
very unlikely as there was never a super nintendo cart in gold... unless we are talking about the 64 where I can imagine zelda carts getting borrowed or something. ?

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Gold%20SNES%20Cart.JPG

The only colored carts for SNES I'm aware of are the black Killer Instinct and red Maximum Force and Doom.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
HAHA, i thought those were the only colored carts i saw growing up too. Though i would ask since i couldnt find anything using google.
thanks guys

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Never heard of it, and I follow and collect SNES extensively. Probably a fake or her memory is just wrong.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Gold%20SNES%20Cart.JPG

The only colored carts for SNES I'm aware of are the black Killer Instinct and red Maximum Force and Doom.

Lol, I have seen people make custom link to the past gold carts this way as well.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
only thing ive ever seen is that gold players choice logo on a mario kart thats probably what she remembers.

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I know this sounds ridiculous, but working in a game store I have had multiple people think yellowed SNES systems were in fact "gold". Their word, not mine.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I know this sounds ridiculous, but working in a game store I have had multiple people think yellowed SNES systems were in fact "gold". Their word, not mine.

There is some dude on CL near me who was trying to sell a gold SNES at one point. He claimed it was a special edition so I asked him to send me photos of the front where the SNES logos normally are on the unit, I never heard back. Hope he didn't manage to rip anyone off.