Thread: MVS-2-25 *PROJECT KIWI*

Lazy SNK Employee

MVS-2-25 *PROJECT KIWI*

Long time lurker, first time poster. Loved the neo geo for a long time. Started assembling a mame machine based on the neo geo. Had all the parts, designed the cab in sketchup, bought a router, and ended up moving into an apartment with no garage. Love my new place, but making a neo geo based machine was no longer an option.

Today I purchased an mvs-2-25 already complete and working. The whole family loves it. A huge thanks to a few friends who helped me drag it on a dolly up 3 flights of stairs. It barely fit with only an inch and a half clearance.

Going to grab a 161 in 1 multicart. However, I might try and put my mame computer I built that will only run neo geo games. Not a million games. Only neo geo. Possibly a jamma switcher to have original hardware too? If not, original hardware will be kept as everything will be reversible.

For now I will install my ps14-kn buttons, JLF's, and pele led rings. Eventually I'd like to wrap it in green paint or vinyl, neo geo control panel overlay but green instead of red, and marquee/mini marquee to match.

Probably get hate for not being original with a big red, but everything will be reversible.

Pics are from the moving party. Janessa and her aunt playing.
    11427839_810085222432568_8701448787501052532_o.jpgIMG_20150614_184644.jpgIMG_20150614_123504.jpg

Tung's Hair Stylist

So, what inspired the desire to wrap it in green?

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    So, what inspired the desire to wrap it in green?
    Favorite color. And red gets boring. Rest assured that the green will still feature similar art.

Thread Information