Where to find quality male to male SCART cables in NA?!

sparksterz

Camel Slug
This has been killing me. I've got a cable I have to hook up from my Kenzei to my XRGB mini for my Dreamcast and I can't find a quality cable in the US to save my life.

I've gone through a couple cables now and they're all shoddy workmanship, not properly shielded/grounded. I've not had to worry about this for most of my consoles as I've had console specific connected cables to get and I've bought those from trusted sources.

The problem is I don't know anyone just selling a male to male SCART of solid quality. Before I drop like 20 bucks and try to ship international from the UK or elsewhere I figured I'd ask around to see if there are any places I've missed!

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
Yeah, that retro_console_accessories cable is your best bet. They're fully shielded/grounded and very well made by hand like all of her cables. Great service too, and a lifetime warranty.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Yeah, thanks. I could've sworn I checked her page for cables a few months ago. Price of admission seems pretty high, but I've had absolutely zero complaints from any cable I've bought from her. Thanks guys!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
She sucks at making cables. Nice on the outside only.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
She sucks at making cables. Nice on the outside only.

That's pretty harsh, brother. They're better than they used to be and definitely superior to the ones from UK-based Retro Gaming Cables or the LOL Chinese ones.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's pretty harsh, brother. They're better than they used to be and definitely superior to the ones from UK-based Retro Gaming Cables or the LOL Chinese ones.

I've had to fix her cables more than the times I can count on my hand, that's already too many times. I think it was mostly her not doing her research because she used the wrong pin for certain cables which needed to be swapped. She is getting better though.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I haven't had any probs w/those cables, I always assumed the female thing was a front because the packages always come from a guy. Anyhow, I recently got a cable for my CDZ from RGC in the UK and I'm impressed with the build quality. Both places have higher quality cables than the POS that came with my Duo-R.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I haven't had any issues with her cables functionally. Swapped over to raw sync cables on several consoles and they worked without any problems on my Extron box (which requires properly wired raw sync cabling).

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I've had to fix her cables more than the times I can count on my hand, that's already too many times. I think it was mostly her not doing her research because she used the wrong pin for certain cables which needed to be swapped. She is getting better though.

Sounds like a fair assessment. She sells a lot of cables for a relatively cheap price so it's unlikely they're all individually tested.

I haven't had any probs w/those cables, I always assumed the female thing was a front because the packages always come from a guy. Anyhow, I recently got a cable for my CDZ from RGC in the UK and I'm impressed with the build quality. Both places have higher quality cables than the POS that came with my Duo-R.

I have one RGC cable: a miswired (at the DIN) Neo cable. It also was not properly grounded - pin 18 only, no interconnections. Double fail. Their SCART to BNC looks similarly shitty but hey, it's cheap.

As for good quality SCART to SCART cables the OP was asking about, I'd probably go with one of the premium factory made products from the UK. It's a fair amount of work to build one properly by hand so personally I wouldn't be able to compete on price. I haven't tried it but the $35 one from RCA is reasonable for a quality hand built cable.

Last edited: