Buying an AES console

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Never realized shock troopers wasnt relased on the AES..weird, because they released 2nd squad on it. Be a $1000+ cart anyways though .

Ramad

As I said in another thread, I started a long time ago, and got Neo games from a rental store, and a mom and pop game store. I got my first neo with the pink bag, 2 joysticks, and 6 games for $250 bucks. Most of the other games that I'd pick up were between 40 and 80 bucks. It wasn't until Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown 3, and King of Fighters 96 that I started paying more than $150 for a game. That's when I found out that the more recent games (at the time) were really expensive. I just got in at a really good time. Everyone was into Playstation, Nintendo 64 and Saturn, Funcoland and Electronics Boutique were dumping their Neo stock (and employees were swooping them up), and the few rental stores that rented game systems wanted the latest, not old crap like the Neo Geo and the Super Nintendo. Plus, gamers were going after arcade units. Why go after a somewhat hard to find home system, when I can land an awesome 4-slot arcade cab for 6-700 bucks with good games in them? I just happened to like playing on my big screen, instead of a cab.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am definitely super jelly ..how much did you pay for Metal Slug?

Also can you enlighten me what the "pink bag" is?