Mono Sound output for MVS

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I've been having issues trying to get any sound out of my MVS. I'm just trying to use a single female RCA jack to get audio out from the Jamma pins. I connect the bottom pin to the Jamma GND and the side pin to Jamma pin 10 (Speaker +) The sound dial is turned all the way up on the board. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong?

Sorry for all these silly questions. I know little about what I am doing, but I am trying to learn.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Please tell me you aren't trying to feed the amplified MVS audio to a stereo or TV.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
For clarification when you say side pin are you referring to the thin tab that's sticking out to the left in that reference pic? If so, then you have it backwards; ground is supposed to be connected to that tab, and the speaker+ line to the center cup.

Also, don't have the audio pot cranked to full volume especially when you first turn it on. You can potentially blow out your tv speakers. You're feeding amplified audio from the board to the tv which also amplifies the audio signal it receives.

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I just finished wiring up my CMVS tonight, and everything works greta thanks to you guys (jt4mb and Xian Xi) helping me out! And wow I'm really glad you warned me about having the audio pot turned all the way up. I'll post pictures in another thread of my first consolization.