Let's Play Gaming Expo : Aug 1-2, 2015 - Plano Texas

98PaceCar

n00b
I am extremely excited to announce the Let’s Play Gaming Expo, the newest video game convention to come to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. The first ever Let’s Play Gaming Expo will be on August 1–2, 2015 at the Plano Centre in Plano, Texas.

http://letsplaygamingexpo.com

https://www.facebook.com/LetsPlayGamingExpo

Inspired by the YouTube “Let’s Play” videos, the Let’s Play Gaming Expo celebrates everything that is gaming. We will feature 80 vendor tables, 75 arcade cabinets, a Smash Bros. tournament, a special Classic Tetris World Championship Qualifier, retro game tournaments, a 4 square tournament, live music, video game panels, and of course special guests!

Mark your calendars and make the trip to Plano to check us out! There will be more announcements made on both our webpage and Facebook, so check back frequently and get ready for a packed weekend of gaming!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Inspired by the YouTube “Let’s Play” videos, the Let’s Play Gaming Expo celebrates everything that is gaming.

More like celebrates everything that is wrong with gaming.

Hahaha.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Do you still attend gaming conventions "andsuchisDeath"?

It was interesting meeting you at Magfest 9.

It was interesting meeting you as well.

I guess Magfest 9 was the only real convention I've ever attended.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
It was interesting meeting you as well.

I guess Magfest 9 was the only real convention I've ever attended.

Well, I hope you can attend one again someday sir.

FWIW, I know several of the organizers of the Let's Play Convention since they attend many of the major retro gaming conventions in the country (Magfest, MGC, Portland Retro). They are earnest and they definitely know the hobby, but who knows how the first year is going to pan out?

However at the very least it will be another opportunity for those interested in video games to meet in person without the distraction of interacting with people trying to cultivate an online forum persona that has no resemblance to how they carry themselves in real life.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'm totally putting a ball pit in the middle of the arcade!

Don't forget the bouncy castle. Also, be sure to hold all the attendees hostage with a $25K ransom just so they can stay at the hotel.

Jon