Gaijinworks gauging interest in physical PSP versions of Summon Night 5, Class of Heroes 3

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
For 30 days, they'll be gauging whether there is enough interest in releasing physical versions. With SN5, it looks like it'll be a packaged limited edition and include a digital copy, so 2 copies for the price of 1 between $39-$44.

It seems they need to have at least 6,000 signups to get the go ahead and they are a little above 1,800 as of now. They will only produce what they get for signups, so if they get 6,000 they'll only make 6,000 then the game will only be available later digitally. Class of Heroes 3 poll will go up when that get's closer to release.

If anyone's interested check their website and signup and try to spread the word around: http://www.gaijinworks.com

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
thanks. Signed up for it.
I'm a big fan of physical games, and I love the Summon Night series.

NeoEsteria

n00b
Summon Night is cool. As always, mad props to Gaijinworks.

Though the idea that I have to "vote" a game into existence - and the fact that I'm left with no option but to pay full launch price - is always disheartening. Not sure if I'll jump on these. I did get Class of Heroes 2, which I haven't played yet....

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Summon Night is cool. As always, mad props to Gaijinworks.

Though the idea that I have to "vote" a game into existence - and the fact that I'm left with no option but to pay full launch price - is always disheartening. Not sure if I'll jump on these. I did get Class of Heroes 2, which I haven't played yet....

You always have the option of buying the digital version and waiting for a sale...
Frankly, I think the "full launch" price will end up being CHEAPER 6 months down the line. Most post-mortem releases with small numbers like this for a semi-popular franchise will become rare.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
glad they did this, but holy crap, 6,000 units? That's more than CoH + CoH pre-orders they had combined!!! They're overplaying their hand on a very mediocre RPG. I did put down for 2 though. :) Hope it comes to fruition.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
The pre-order period for the physical Summon Knight 5 is about to end but you can still sign-up if you want to at the website link in the OP. Starting Monday, you can officially start to pay for it and it runs through till the end of August. The limited physical collector's edition was revealed and this is what is looks like:

SUMMON NIGHT 5 PHYSICAL VERSION REVEALED

SN5_Full_Set.jpg

Summon Night 5 for the PSP/PSVita is getting a one time physical release in advance of its digital debut, and we can finally reveal the full package you'll receive. It will include the game case with multi-sided full-color insert, game UMD with full-color label, full-color game manual, one of two randomly inserted gigantic 14" x 19" posters, a serial numbered hologram, a digital download code to download the game from PSN free, and the last, and biggest addition: the FULL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK for the game, featuring all 37 music selections from the Japanese release of the OST in a full-size CD case with full-color inserts. Yep, back up. Read that again. You're welcome. And, thank YOU, too. YOUR SUPPORT made this inclusion possible! All that's only going to cost $41.99 + $5 shipping anywhere in the US. International shipping will be more.

The presale opens next week, and appropriately enough for a game where the moon's magic features prominently in the story, will stay open until the next full moon at the end of August. We'll leave the poll open until the presale starts, so if you want, you can sign up as EVERYONE on the poll list will get a notice by email when the presale opens next week.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i know i would probably never get around to playing this - but dammit, I want it

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
And ordered. Digital Code means the game never gets opened and I play on my PSPgo / Vita / PS TV.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i bought one - no idea if I will ever fucking play it. But I am weak.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I subscribed to the mailing list, but never got a link to pay. What should I look for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!

Class of Heroes sucks big time BTW, sure this one will be no different.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I got it. It might be a neat PSP relic.
I really loved that platform....

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
down for 2... glad this happened. Now to wait for the inevitable excuses that vic ireland will give out for production delays.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I just got an email that my order has shipped, wow does he have them produced already? That was insanely fast.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
No, he did that with the last game I ordered from them. It's probably done to get the funds released to him before it's ready. I'm pretty sure he is using amazon payment incorrectly, and I would be surprised if they actually allow that kind of thing.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Threw down for a copy. It'll probably be awhile before I play as I am busy and have a backlog, but it's good to support stuff like this.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I just got an email that my order has shipped, wow does he have them produced already? That was insanely fast.

You should have received a second email indicating it hadn't shipped and that you have a token or some such...doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Does anybody know how much space this takes up on the memory? I was short-sighted on memory when I bought my PSP and I'm still feeling the hurt for it. I didn't make that mistake with the Vita and 3DS.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Bumping because preorders are almost over:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN5_presale_live.htm

Included stuffs:
You are purchasing a digital reservation voucher code that entitles you to a physical copy of the Summon Night 5 LE which includes:

Case with multi-sided cover insert
UMD with custom art (may be different than shown)
Full-color game manual
Giant 14"x19" poster (one of two randomly inserted shown)
Full Summon Night 5 Original Soundtrack CD (OST)
North America PSN (only) digital download code, good for free download
Serial Numbered Holographic Seal

Remember, when this is fulfilled you will get a PSN code for a digital copy AND a physical copy of the game. This means you can still play the game even if you are dumb like me and never want to open the case.

Also, payments are through Amazon so if you have an Amazon account this is super easy.

PREORDERS CLOSE AT THE END OF THE MONTH!