sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
My most recent one.

LAEkmEj.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's pretty good; nice combination of linework and dots. She reminds me of something that you might run across in Silent Hill and horror manga artist Junji Ito's work as well.

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I like the style, but the subject matter will haunt my nightmares.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I'm not happy with how large of a point the pen I was using had. I wish I still had my rapidograph pens. I prefer to stipple much smaller for smoother shading.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
My most recent one.

LAEkmEj.jpg

Did the giant moth raping the woman turn it into a centipede, or did she have a centipede eat her from the inside out and the giant moth just showed up to hit the booty.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I really love this drawing, especially your shading technique. You have some serious talent Sylvie! I am excited to see some more of your artwork.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Did the giant moth raping the woman turn it into a centipede, or did she have a centipede eat her from the inside out and the giant moth just showed up to hit the booty.

It's not a woman. It's a self portrait referencing solitude and self identity.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I would totally like to have my arse hole eaten by a fly.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I had named this piece "Three Lovers". It is a gross dissection of the human figure.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I could see someone out there wearing this as a tatoo :p.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Well done!

My dad was good at stipple drawings like this. His subject matter was much more tame though, lol.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Well done!

My dad was good at stipple drawings like this. His subject matter was much more tame though, lol.
Thanks man. My dad had a large portrait of Tom Waits, expertly stippled and it always inspired me as a kid. I still can't seem to reach the same level of seamless precision shading.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rapidograph is where is at for true inking hounds. High five on that, most people don't know what rapidographs are, not even in the comic industry, I inked for a while for Dark Horse Comics, it was a long time ago, stopped 'cause there's just no money to be had in that profession at less you knoe the right people, I know naught and my talent isn't superb enough to do without so I had to quit. Always wanted to pencil but I just wanted to get my foot on the door sorta thing and my inking work has always been pretty solid.

Nice work, the hair seems a bit flimsy loosing that sense of legitimacy to the piece, it's hard to explain but if the lines in the hair where bolder or at least some sort of shade would give the hair a more believable shape and would add mass to the whole piece. Other than that I think it's pretty good!

Try some Bristol 2 ply smooth, the more slick the paper the less bleeding would occur while inking keeping your lines as they were intended to be. Porous paper will always suck up the ink ending with bleeding and veiny lines.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rapidograph is where is at for true inking hounds. High five on that, most people don't know what rapidographs are, not even in the comic industry.

Even I know what they are. However, I guess growing up around 2 family artists and a world-renowned marine artist is different. I can see ppl in the comic industry not knowing. Btw, none of the artistic ability passed onto me, can't draw or paint worth shit. :P

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My dad swore by rapidograph pens too. He had a nice set of them, probably still does even though he hasn't drawn in years.