These days, do people know what conversion means?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Anyone who has been around for a while knows converting is taking official chips from an MVS cart and putting them into a sacrificed home cart, thus "converting" a game as "legitimately" as possible.

Is anyone actually doing this anymore? Moreover, do newer members realize that taking an old home cart and putting in newly flashed EPROMS is not what "converting" means in the realm of Neo-Geo? (though the dictionary definition still works) Does anyone still care?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I don't think people is aware of the difference. At least not everybody. You can find anything on eBay, from conversions made with original chips and sold as such (as they should) to so-called "conversions" filled with EPROMs, or even conversions sold as the real deal. I guess it's the nature of people.

Regards.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
It seems like it's actually only Neo folk that tend to use the word 'conversion' in this manner.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I think it depends on the person, if they only care for owning the game... or having only the original stuff. Or maybe there not willing to do any research to check if they are getting a conversion or not. just my 2cents