Has anybody ever bought anything off the NeoStore?

RastafaJones

Super Sidekicks 2
Purchased from there a long time ago. Had no problems. I'm sure it's still the same now.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Sounds like everybody has had a good experience with Shawn and the Neostore. Good to know, ill be picking up a cart or two in the near future.

I wonder if shawn has ever realized the conflict of running a site with a price guide that values items at 20% of what his store is selling them for. He should really either update the price guide or remove it. Its a useful gauge on the inflation of neo geo cart prices though, so its not totally useless.

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I actually bought Baseball Stars for NGPC maybe 3 weeks ago. It is the cheapest place to get some US NGPC games boxed. I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. Good condition and it shipped and arrived fast! I'd definitely recommend buying from the neo store.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I just bought a game from the neostore. Shawn was really helpful. He has multiple copies of the same game and I ask if he can send pictures for me to pick the cart I wanted. He took multiple pictures and was able to complete the purchase. But as many has stated, the price is on the high side even for a common game.

Ramad

Bought a cart or two LONG time ago. Like, before the towers fell long ago.

He had prices that were competitive with NCSX, like King of Fighters 98 and Last Blade, and so I went through him. Things seemed to get a bit more expensive when NCSX stopped selling Neo games, so I started going out into the wild to buy games. Really haven't been back.

His prices are high. His service however is fantastic.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Well thats natural for prices to go up once a competitor leave, unfortunate reality of the market. Its hard as shit finding neo geo games in the wild, i see maybe 2 or 3 a year if im lucky in my city. If you live in a big city like LA or NYC might be better pickings but overall its slim.

Ramad

Well thats natural for prices to go up once a competitor leave, unfortunate reality of the market. Its hard as shit finding neo geo games in the wild, i see maybe 2 or 3 a year if im lucky in my city. If you live in a big city like LA or NYC might be better pickings but overall its slim.

Dude, the only reason why I even have Neo games, is because there were rental stores that were getting rid of them back when you could rent Neo Geo games. That's how my collection got started. They sold them for the price of a couple Playstation or Saturn games, so why not grab some. It wasn't until games starting costing more than $170 dollars that I slowed down.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Thats pretty crazy, i dont recall seeing any Neo games in video stores around that time but it was basically just big chain stores around me like blockbuster. Were they all common titles or did you pick up anything that is now rare ? Seems like the period when neo games were 'cheap' was pretty brief until the collector / nostalgia factor started taking hold.

Ramad

Well, many of the games go for a lot more than what I got them for: Last Resort, Sengoku, League Bowling, Baseball Stars 2, Cyber Lip, Legend of Success Joe. But otherwise, most of the games were commons: Fatal Fury 1 and 2, Art of Fighting, Nam 1975, Samurai Showdown, Ninja Combat, Magician Lord.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
oh ya those first five are all about 200 bucks nowadays. Im assuming they were all US games, so even the common ones are going to go for at least $50 on the low end. Still a good deal though. Im actually pretty stoked because i found a guy in my city with a whole bunch of neo games for sale...some good ones too like cyber lip. No shipping , customs or shitty canadian exchange rate to deal with.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Fucker wants $120 for US fatal fury special and nam 75 ....should i bite? or is that too much

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
If both games are US version, complete and in good condition (NAM 75 not marked), I would say go for it. Dealing locally saves you some hassle.

Back to topic, I have not bought something from Neo Store for a while but Shawn is very professional. I would buy from the Neo Store for peace of mind as some AES conversions are hitting the market.

Fucker wants $120 for US fatal fury special and nam 75 ....should i bite? or is that too much

Ramad

Don't want to derail the thread too much more, but I'd say nowadays, that's not too bad. Both games go for about 50-80 bucks now, depending on condition. Maybe see if you can get them for 100 even.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yea its not overly bad, i was actually hoping fatal fury special would be the jap version since its half the price but oh well. Im acquiring fairly decent US Neo geo without even trying haha. Also its $120 CAD so to get comparable deal on ebay id have to pay $100 shipped which wouldnt be easy to find. I agreed to just give him the full $120, haggling is good all but i learned that sometimes its just not worth to fuck up a deal over 20 or so bucks. Its hard as fuck finding AES games locally so fuck it, not like its call of duty where i can just move on to the next shmuck if the deal gets fucked. Still trying to finalize the deal though, not sure if NAM is marked or not. How much does that affect the price? Thanks for the input guys btw.

And yes back to the thread, from what i can tell Shawn seems like a pretty stand up guy. Is he active on the site at all anymore, or just on the neo store? It seems the games that are under $500 are pretty close to market value, maybe 10-20% above. Its the expensive games that are converted alot that seem to be where the price jumps are. Peace of mind is expensive. The main reason i started this thread is ive been mighty tempted to pick up the Jap Last Blade that he has right now. I wanted to be 100% that everything is on the up and up with the neo store before dropping $300 on it.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So update on the deal, so i figured i had a deal at $120 with the guy. At the last minute the guy says he made a mistake and quoted me a price for fatal fury 1 US and not fatal fury special. So at the last minute he says its now $150. I was pretty fucking pissed at this for a number of reasons. First the greedy fucker changes a deal at the last minute, second hes trying to factor in the US conversion rate for the game which is like getting your cake and eating too because theres no ebay fees and shipping to deal with. Third of all of being nickle and dimed pissed me the fuck off, especially after we made a deal. I reluctantly offered him another $10 which pissed me the fuck off, but hey i wanted the games. I ended up just getting nam...no marker on the tatas and its in good condition. So theres a silver lining.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I bought some affordable items (memory card I believe and some NGPC games) years ago and the prices do seem high but I recall service was excellent and I didn't have to worry about quality issues

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I purchased SVC Chaos & Matrimelee on the AES (New) back in 2008. Excellent service and super fast shipping. Just wish I still had them :(

benimaru7

New Challenger
I bought a Robo Army about 10 years ago and delivery to the UK was quick and everything was as described.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Its been quite a while but i scored a nice metal slug 3 us a long time ago on a good deal. Def one of a few that i wish i still had(need to look into a mvs copy as i only have 1 and 2 to play on mvs) Shipping was fast enough and Shawn seemed open to trades also but i never act did any.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Yeah man, I bought a load of games from the neostore about 10 years ago when I had my AES (and was rich..)
All nice and smooth.

Bought Strikers 1945+ MVS yesterday from him too. Fucking love that game....

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Its been quite a while but i scored a nice metal slug 3 us a long time ago on a good deal. Def one of a few that i wish i still had(need to look into a mvs copy as i only have 1 and 2 to play on mvs) Shipping was fast enough and Shawn seemed open to trades also but i never act did any.

That sucks you dont ms3 anymore, its the best one a must have for mvs at least. Was it an mvs slug 3 you got from the neo store?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I bought Matrimelee and SVC Chaos several years ago from the NeoStore. They were over $500 less than he's selling them for on there now. Neither of them are worth that.