Nintendo World Championships 2015

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Locations:

Nintendo World Championships 2015, which return this year after a long hiatus, will take place in eight Best Buy store locations across the United States.

The Championship mode of Ultimate NES Remix on 3DS will be featured. The challenges will be score-based in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, and Dr. Mario. Each location will send its top scorer to the final in Lost Angeles.

The L.A. leg will host several rounds. Eight additional competitors will be selected by Nintendo as well.

The qualifications take place from 10:00am to 7:00pm local time, on May 30. Find the full list below:

1717 Harrison St. San Francisco, CA
3675 Pacific Coast Highway. Torrance, CA
10760 NW 17th St. Miami, FL
900 E. Golf Road. Schaumburg, IL
12905 Elm Creek Blvd. N. Maple Grove, MN
5001 Northern Blvd. Long Island City, NY
9378 N. Central Expressway. Dallas, TX
2214 S. 48th St. Tacoma, WA

I'm not going to compete because I'm an old man who sucks at video games, but the Nintendo manchild in me wants to get some 3DS streetpass tags and free swag, so I'll probably be there. I have off that day too.

Anybody else going to this?

I remember when I was a freshman in HS I went to the 1990 event with a friend, but don't remember specifics.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Greg, you should have bumped Magician's thread instead of making a new one.

Jon

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I had posted this elsewhere, but they should have called it the 'National Championships' since nobody but US residents can participate.

You guys are lucky, I would destroy at Dr.Mario :D

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I had posted this elsewhere, but they should have called it the 'National Championships' since nobody but US residents can participate.

You guys are lucky, I would destroy at Dr.Mario :D

There weren't enough U.S. cities chosen, let alone the lack of international presence. Nintendo and Best Buy really dropped the ball on this one. How hard would it be to expand it out to at least all of North America? Best Buy has stores in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Hell, they could have partnered with other retailers in Europe and Asia.

Bottom line: I'm not going to drive (or fly) 400 miles to wait in line to play some DS at a Best Buy store.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I wish it was coming near. I wonder if they will have a crazy 3DS NWC 15' card that will be worth 25,000$ in 20 years.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I wish it was coming near. I wonder if they will have a crazy 3DS NWC 15' card that will be worth 25,000$ in 20 years.

I bet they will you never know.

I decided I'm not going. I suck at games in my old age, and I was at the Nintendo table at 2D con a month ago, so they probably won't be giving any new freebies. It would be cool to get streetpass tags and do some ad-hoc games of SSB and Mario Party with people though.

If anybody ends up going, share your experience with us.