Cyber Lead Questions! (molex size)

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
So I recently bought three cyber leads and well i maybe bit off a little more then I could chew.. There is little to no parts or information on these things I can find on the web.. I'm missing a very important I/O for one i cant seem to find I may have to strip it down and make it a jamma cab instead of a jvs.. anyway if anyone with a cyber lead can help me that have dealt with a restoration before im looking for the molex size for the CP to i/o its a 12 pin single row but i cant seem to find the size any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks guys

IMG_0665.JPG

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I had the same issue when I wanted to make a proper JAMMA loom for mine last year. Never did find the socket part number and ended up just making a full set of quick connects to the stick/buttons. It was very annoying trying to find info on the Cyberlead stuff...I did manage to get a manual recently so I'll have look see if the specs for it are in there.

EDIT: Just seen that the ArcadeOtaku wiki has the manual and it reveals no new information...

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It does look the same. I suppose as long as the pitch is correct it'll work fine. If you ever find out what the connector is I'd like to know as well:)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i can attest to it being nearly impossible to locate an IO board for cyberlead cabs. converting the cab is probably a better idea. those IO's are rare as hell.

FinalAttack

New Challenger
When I had my cyberlead I made a sort of custom harness for the IO.I took several 3 pin molex's and mirrored the pinout of the 1P. Its annoying but its one way to get it to work.

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
I was lucky enough to find a I/O in the uk but ya these molex sizes suck to try and find i havent been able to find one in town yet either ive been to a few places looking but no luck ill probably just make my own :)

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I was lucky enough to find a I/O in the uk but ya these molex sizes suck to try and find i havent been able to find one in town yet either ive been to a few places looking but no luck ill probably just make my own :)

Probably not Molex.. More than likely JST. Can you take a better pic of the connector and socket/header disconnected?

Don

Camel Slug

neogeogod, I would love to hear what you find. I've got 2 cyberleads, each with a 1p panel and only one CP harness per cab.

FrancoB

n00b
Whoa, that's a coincidence!

Someone on AO asked me about making up some Cyberlead CP looms last night and sent me a photo. I suspected they would be TE IE as the 246/256 IOs use the same family of connector. I thought I would google 'Cyberlead IE' to see if I got any hits and lo and behold this thread pops up and it's only a couple of days old too!

You can get the IE range of connectors in the UK from RS Components in MOQs of 10 [Link].

I'm going to order a couple and I'll probably only going to need a couple so should have some spare if required.

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
awesome i know its been a minute but got busy wit work and the rebuild got put on the back burner not to mention the shop had my monitor for 3 months...