Mistu's... CPS2 Multikit Tech Support page... Drama fr33 pls..

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
DS posted an update on AO/KLOV today that the auto-reset feature has been implemented in his new firmware. Awesome stuff!

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Just got my shipping notification from Ksiegarnia! Hopefully that means the rest of the "first batch" guys should be getting theirs soon too!

Got my email too. Thanks first first batch dudes for being guinea pigs on shipping.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
got my email... glad I waited a little bit to get the $$ together. So, the next batch has the reinforcement PCBs AND the new firmware? sweeeeet.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
There's an extra step needed for those with the new Firmware, right?

Only if you are installing the autoreset option. I'm not sure if they have already soldered the wire tot he kit for you or not. If so you will need to solder it to a spot on the B-board.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Oooooooo...bad luck has struck...my shipping box looks...not so good... And sadly, I have one very bent pin and one broken pin:|

Now...the optimist in me says that on the bright side...over 95% of the pins arrived in perfect condition...so that's good:D

PM incoming!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Got mine yesterday, had the same red screen issue so I reseated the boards which broke two pins off the main board. After soldering jumper wires I got video, but the sound was WIGGING OUT. PAL issue.. Pin 9 was jumped to the right pin on CN5 but still having issues. I bent pin 9 out of the pin and jumped it to J17 on the main PCB and that solved that issue. I then soldered the wire for the post-flash reset without issue.

It's working perfectly now! This is definitely not a plug n'play solution, but once it's put together, its REALLY easy to swap games and get playing now the auto-reset feature has been added.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
How long did it take for you guys to receive your stuff? I got the email on June 11th that it shipped still hasn't arrived. Do i need to sign for this?

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
The email that it shipped? Or the tracking number? Two different emails, and I think they were like a week and a half apart for me. And I don't remember how long it took, but I do remember I had to sign for it, yes

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
How long did it take for you guys to receive your stuff? I got the email on June 11th that it shipped still hasn't arrived. Do i need to sign for this?

Yeah you have to sign. Got home yesterday to a sorry we missed you... slip of paper :(

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet

I was wondering as well. Mine shipped on the 12th, but the tracking hasn't been updated since it arrived in Warsaw on the 14th.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I was wondering as well. Mine shipped on the 12th, but the tracking hasn't been updated since it arrived in Warsaw on the 14th.

Did you check the USPS site? Mine got here on the 19th, so it took about a week. Shipped on the 11th.

jon713

Camel Slug
Got mine a few days ago but had to visit the post office to pick up my package. I checked it out yesterday and everything seems to have shipped safely, no bent or broken pins. Now I have to read up on how to properly install it.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Got mine all set up tonight! I really took my time making sure all the pins lined up and really slowly and carefully seated the boards. Everything went together first try and worked great EXCEPT that I had that same sort of PAL problem you had Lemony, it sounded like certain bits of the music were replaced with the wrong sounds. I saw your post so I tried using the J17 instead of the jumper under the board and it fixed it up right. I wonder if it's just a thing with certain revisions, my board is a rev 3, what's yours vengeance?

Altogether this is the most complicated modification I've done myself on any arcade board, so I'm really happy with how it turned out, looking forward to so much CPS2 goodness!

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Got mine all working with botched sound, noticed my jumpers near the sound chips were kinda odd. JP10 and JP12 look to be bridged by design? Unfortunately I do not have a multimeter to test. But was just curious if other peoples boards were like this. It's an asia marvel superheroes, rev 6 board and I replaced the F pal with the G pal included.

IMG_1015.JPG

Last edited:

fluxcore

Another Striker
Got mine all working with botched sound, noticed my jumpers near the sound chips were kinda odd. JP10 and JP12 look to be bridged by design? Unfortunately I do not have a multimeter to test. But was just curious if other peoples boards were like this. It's an asia marvel superheroes, rev 6 board and I replaced the F pal with the G pal included.

View attachment 26447

Yes, that's very standard. You need to break the connection (if there is one) on the pads which should be open (10, 12 in that pic).

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Yep. Just cut it with a hobby knife.