Mistu's... CPS2 Multikit Tech Support page... Drama fr33 pls..

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
See page 8 of this: http://www.mediafire.com/view/acqyr5zwbgkvlnk/Instructions_CPS2_Multi_Boot_v2.pdf

There's a backwards "UR" printed on the board; there's also one printed on the smaller pcb that went where the program roms were. Both should be oriented the same direction when installed right.

Awesome! Everything is installed in my blast! Just waiting for the download to finish with the cps2 roms! So I just drag and drop to the micro sd? I dont need to format any weird way?

If I get it up and running tonight Ill post some pics/video!

theHornet

n00b
SD card - format as FAT32 on a windows based pc

Make sure you create a folder called 'games' on the SD card

Copy all the games rom folders into that 'games' folder

and off you go

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Guys...

This is seriously so dope.

Finally got it working after playing NES blowjob a few times with the jamma harness.

ITS SO COOL. Hats off to Mitsurugi and Darksoft.

I took a video of it playing for the second time. However, Im experiencing graphical glitches, short small horizontal lines periodically getting distorted on the screen. As noted in the video, Im not sure if this is due to the a board Im using (as this was happening the other night with my Vamp hunter 2 on the same A board, or if its the monitor. And if so, could any of you help me trouble shoot it if this is a common or known problem? I believe its a WG d9200 chassis with a Thomson tube.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSKT73XXP6s&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Guys...

This is seriously so dope.

Finally got it working after playing NES blowjob a few times with the jamma harness.

ITS SO COOL. Hats off to Mitsurugi and Darksoft.

I took a video of it playing for the second time. However, Im experiencing graphical glitches, short small horizontal lines periodically getting distorted on the screen. As noted in the video, Im not sure if this is due to the a board Im using (as this was happening the other night with my Vamp hunter 2 on the same A board, or if its the monitor. And if so, could any of you help me trouble shoot it if this is a common or known problem? I believe its a WG d9200 chassis with a Thomson tube.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSKT73XXP6s&feature=youtu.be

Do you have that Flicker when using other JAMMA boards?

TIP: always film video on your phone by holding the phone horizontally.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Yeah, bad habit, sorry bout that.

So I put it that weird hanaho board I have from a neo geo bartop and the entire screen continually jerks to the right, its actually a little harder to see on my phone as opposed to real life. I only saw it do that horizontal line flicker once, and it was minimal. Could it be both a faulty A board and my monitor chassis is going? Ive heard people talk about neck glow, well my tube neck is glowing and making a faint crackling sound. Maybe its time for a whole new chassis? I just hope the tube is okay. I really dont fancy dropping in another 29 inch beast.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Tested the multi kit out in my Dynamo hs-5. It works like a charm, no weirdass flickering of any kind. It must be this damn monitor or chassis in the blast. Does anyone recognize the symptoms?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Tested the multi kit out in my Dynamo hs-5. It works like a charm, no weirdass flickering of any kind. It must be this damn monitor or chassis in the blast. Does anyone recognize the symptoms?

Best to ask about the monitor problem in its own support thread so people can see it, since this is a thread about the CPS2 multi. ^_^;
Might be worth a shot to also ask over on Arcade Otaku in their monitor support section.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Got my kit in today and the box was beat up a little, but nothing was bent or damaged. I get an instant Load Fail hitting enter, game list comes up fine. I assume this multi does not like my 16GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SDHC. Sadly, I don't have another microsd to test with. Everything is installed and configured correctly. Card is Fat32 with its games folder and the list and all games come up fine. Just an instant fail going to flash.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Got my kit in today and the box was beat up a little, but nothing was bent or damaged. I get an instant Load Fail hitting enter, game list comes up fine. I assume this multi does not like my 16GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SDHC. Sadly, I don't have another microsd to test with. Everything is installed and configured correctly. Card is Fat32 with its games folder and the list and all games come up fine. Just an instant fail going to flash.

Yeah sounds like a card issue. Try another smaller card. If it works then we know to avoid those other cards in the future.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Yeah sounds like a card issue. Try another smaller card. If it works then we know to avoid those other cards in the future.

A user on AO tested the same card I have and it was fine. I will verify my kit and just format the older 2GB card Im using on my CPS3 to test it.

Edit: Confirmed microSD Card issue with:

SanDisk Ultra 16GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC
SDSDQUAN-016G-G4A

Not to be confused with it's identical packaged and older version:
SDSDQUA-016G-G4A

Worked my older SanDisk 2GB Class 4

Last edited:

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Quick question on the folder names in the rar file,
chokodl --> ?
gmahoudm --> ?
rmancp2jdl --> Slammasters?

Also I see Vampire Savior , Vampire Savior 2, and Vampire Hunter 2. What are Darkstalkers / Vampire: Night Warriors and Darkstalkers 2 / Vampire Hunter labelled as?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Quick question on the folder names in the rar file,
chokodl --> ?
gmahoudm --> ?
rmancp2jdl --> Slammasters?

Choko
Great Mahou Daisakusen (Dimahoo)
RockMan: The Power Battle

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Choko
Great Mahou Daisakusen (Dimahoo)
RockMan: The Power Battle
Never heard of choko lol, just looked it up. So is Slammasters, DarkStalkers and Darkstalkers 2 missing? I knew the DandD games were didnt realize these were.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Never heard of choko lol, just looked it up. So is Slammasters, DarkStalkers and Darkstalkers 2 missing? I knew the DandD games were didnt realize these were.

Not converted yet:

Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
Vampire: The Night Warriors
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Super Muscle Bomber: The International Blowout
Jangokushi: Haō no Saihai

Source:
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30680&start=840#p425501

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Not converted yet:

Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
Vampire: The Night Warriors
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Super Muscle Bomber: The International Blowout
Jangokushi: Haō no Saihai

Source:
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30680&start=840#p425501

Awesome thanks, I was following the thread over then it went to shit and got locked. I think I have 1 version of each game moved over now with a name field.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Still no info on my order #023191. It still states "preparation in progress".

I thought that was part of the supposed "first batch" promised to be out by now?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Part of the first batch I believe was delayed because they were adding that stabilization board.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Right so yeah, guess we don't get a civil support thread on t here, despite no one causing drama in this thread. Cool.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Right so yeah, guess we don't get a civil support thread on t here, despite no one causing drama in this thread. Cool.

Just try to keep this one drama free. Hopefully they will provide support. Honestly, your best bet is to create an account on Arcade Otaku and ask there. Darksoft, Mits and idc are all on there and there's no drama.

Sucks, I know. Fantastic piece of hardware with, hopefully, more down the road.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
A user on AO tested the same card I have and it was fine. I will verify my kit and just format the older 2GB card Im using on my CPS3 to test it.
In general it seems smaller is better with these sort of projects. I had the exact same type of issues with my Turbo Everdrive until I used basically the smallest possible card.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Oopss... forgot to do the thread unlocking thingy.

Fr33 bump..

xROTx