Mistu's... CPS2 Multikit Tech Support page... Drama fr33 pls..

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Beginning to think so...

May 26, 2015 Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

May 26, 2015 Arrived at USPS Facility
JAMAICA, NY

May 30, 2015 Arrived at USPS Facility
FLUSHING, NY

May 31, 2015 Arrived at USPS Facility
JAMAICA, NY

May 31, 2015 Departed USPS Facility
JAMAICA, NY

I've seen packages of mine do the same thing:annoyed:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Playing around with the board a bit more, and found an issue with the usa version of Hyper Street Fighter II (the hsf2di set). Playing as the super version of Vega, I've consistently gotten the game to crash when inputting charge back > forward+K. Tested the asia romset (hsf2adi) for the same thing; it doesn't crash.

I'm not actually registered on AO, so if someone could forward this to the Avalaunch team it'd be appreciated. At least I can use the asia set to play.

IDC would like to know what actually happens when it crashes. Black screen? Colored Screen? Does debug info appear on screen? Please let me know.

If anyone else finds bugs in an Avalaunch set, here are the instructions to report it:

"Send error reports to idc at the Arcade Otaku Forum or on Twitter to @idc_consoletech."

If you don't have an AO account or Twitter I will do my best to pass the info along.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
IDC would like to know what actually happens when it crashes. Black screen? Colored Screen? Does debug info appear on screen? Please let me know.

If anyone else finds bugs in an Avalaunch set, here are the instructions to report it:

"Send error reports to idc at the Arcade Otaku Forum or on Twitter to @idc_consoletech."

If you don't have an AO account or Twitter I will do my best to pass the info along.

Blank dark green-ish screen, & sound cuts out. I don't see any debug info popping up at any point. I just messed with it a bit more to make sure, and found more specifically the combination of back+any kick with Super Vega is making it crash. No charging needed to crash it like I originally though.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Yeah that's the one DogP designed looks great. I'm buying one of the 10 dollar ones. Here is a pic of what it looks like put together.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433204196.010873.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433204204.790527.jpg

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Has anyone put together a set of 'NAME' files for the Avalaunch set, similar to how idc has them included in the update packs?

theHornet

n00b
Hey there

Hopefully this file still works in regards to the 'NAME' files

http://www.mediafire.com/download/krgi3ic7xv9qa4p/game_names.rar

It might be missing some games though, and the folder names are probably out of whack in comparison to the folder names for the avalaunch set

I manually copied and pasted the NAME files into each game I had on my SD card. For those which were missing a NAME file, just grab one of those 'NAME' files which you already have, and copy it and paste it into your other game folders which are missing a 'NAME' file, open it in 'Notepad' and edit it to your liking. That's what I ended up doing

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Hi there,

I recently came into possession of a multi kit (came with a cab) but has yet to be installed. I have been reading up on and watching Misturugi's videos on prepping. I noticed he said a few things; A) The board needs to be dead, ala no battery and B) Jumpers need to be set accordingly (but MvC has the correct jumper settings)

As luck would have it I have a Japanese MvC, but it's been phoenixed. Ive been looking around and can't get a straight answer weather or not this will work with a phoenixed board.

So what's the dealio? Am I good for a plug and play situation? Or do I need to find an unworking dead MvC board instead?

Any help is much appreciated!

theHornet

n00b
It will work

In effect, a 'phoenixed' board, is considered a dead board (in a way at least) i.e. it no longer uses a battery/encryption. As such, your board will work

I believe MvC has a G Pal, just ensure the jumper settings are already correct (which they should be), and you simple remove the rom chips on the b board, and install this multi kit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, a Phoenixed MvC is perfect for the multi install. You shouldn't need to change any jumpers or anything, just pull the chips and install the board.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Yes, a Phoenixed MvC is perfect for the multi install. You shouldn't need to change any jumpers or anything, just pull the chips and install the board.

Awesome! One last thing. Is there a size limit or recommended size of micro SD I should use? Also, where might I find the necesarry files to format the sd card and to play the games? And does this software come with all cps2 games on it, or is this one of those "find the roms yourself" scavenger hunt scenerios?

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Awesome! One last thing. Is there a size limit or recommended size of micro SD I should use? Also, where might I find the necesarry files to format the sd card and to play the games? And does this software come with all cps2 games on it, or is this one of those "find the roms yourself" scavenger hunt scenerios?

The latest set of game files was posted here: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30759#p425995. It's currently only missing a couple cps2 games that are still being worked on for bugs.

As for recommended micro sd card size, 4GB is more than enough to hold multiple versions of every game. If you just want 1 version of each game, I've found that 2GB can fit that.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
hey mitsu..

I haven't heard from darksoft, and the order portal still says my order is being prepared.. but can you ping DS to give me a status on order 023193?

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
hey mitsu..

I haven't heard from darksoft, and the order portal still says my order is being prepared.. but can you ping DS to give me a status on order 023193?

I know the original cutoff for the first batch is still holding. A few more will probably be stealth shipped with the first batch. It looks like the rest of batch one goes out this week with reinforcement pcbs and batch 2 begins in two to three weeks as of right now.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I know the original cutoff for the first batch is still holding. A few more will probably be stealth shipped with the first batch. It looks like the rest of batch one goes out this week with reinforcement pcbs and batch 2 begins in two to three weeks as of right now.

I was in the first batch so this is good news to me. In fact, gohan's order was placed AFTER mine. :)

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
So, when installing the kit, which orientation do I install the adapter board which replaces the ribbon cable in Mitsurugi's video? I just dont want to install it upside down ;/

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
So, when installing the kit, which orientation do I install the adapter board which replaces the ribbon cable in Mitsurugi's video? I just dont want to install it upside down ;/

See page 8 of this: http://www.mediafire.com/view/acqyr5zwbgkvlnk/Instructions_CPS2_Multi_Boot_v2.pdf

There's a backwards "UR" printed on the board; there's also one printed on the smaller pcb that went where the program roms were. Both should be oriented the same direction when installed right.