Mistu's... CPS2 Multikit Tech Support page... Drama fr33 pls..

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
There is a problem. Not with the hardware it works perfectly.

This thing, this scourge upon mankind, it should not be. No human was meant to hold such power. Almighty Cthulhu has been released upon the world, and it shall weep. After sorting out the SD card, I decide to actually play some games a little before going to bed at 11. Keep in mind, I have wake up around 7 every day. So I play some Progear. I am reaching zen status until stage 6, a damn fine run. Then I switch to Super SF2, then SSF2 Turbo, Then play through AvP, whew, I need to go to bed. Let me see how Street Fighter Alpha plays, then Zero 2 Alpha, then Alpha 3. Hey, I've never played Marvel Super Heroes, let me try that...

Like an crack baby given an unlimited supply of happy juice, I am doomed. Didn't go to bed until 2:30.

Shit, at least you played games. I was up till three, consolizing an A board, and it's only like...... 60% done! Still need to add p3 and P4 and the RGB encoder. Casework, power and p1/2 as well as the switch to swap to full 4 player support are done.

I need to figure out a faceplate of some type. I need to mount the 4 USB ports somehow.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
There is a problem. Not with the hardware it works perfectly.

This thing, this scourge upon mankind, it should not be. No human was meant to hold such power. Almighty Cthulhu has been released upon the world, and it shall weep. After sorting out the SD card, I decide to actually play some games a little before going to bed at 11. Keep in mind, I have wake up around 7 every day. So I play some Progear. I am reaching zen status until stage 6, a damn fine run. Then I switch to Super SF2, then SSF2 Turbo, Then play through AvP, whew, I need to go to bed. Let me see how Street Fighter Alpha plays, then Zero 2 Alpha, then Alpha 3. Hey, I've never played Marvel Super Heroes, let me try that...

Like an crack baby given an unlimited supply of happy juice, I am doomed. Didn't go to bed until 2:30.

I have no tech support to offer you for this.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Yay. Just got my kit in today. I'll be spending my evening setting it up, but wanted to make a few quick comments. Package arrived in good shape thankfully. As far as I see so far, the pins on mine are still fairly straight and intact; the styrofoam protecting them seems to have done it's job. There are a few that may be slightly off, but I guess I see when I install it.

I ordered the full set w/ extra G Pal and extension lead, and have 1 comment and 1 question

-when I opened my package, the G Pal looks like it came loose from the little bit of foam that's for protecting the legs. Thankfully it doesn't appear damaged. I'd suggest on future orders using a piece of tape or something to keep it secure.

-I only received the extended 5ft cable to connect the lcd to the board; did not get the shorter ribbon cable that I'm seeing in other's pics on AO. Is this normal for buying the 'set'? For some reason, I was thinking it was going to come with two cables (the standard one and the 5' one) when I ordered it. It's not a huge deal, but after seeing how some people are mounting the lcd to the case I'm contemplating doing something similar down the road.

Edit: Got it all installed and working! I've only had a chance to try out a handful of games. For the most part, everything runs beautifully so far. The only game I've tried with a particular issue is puzzle fighter; the sound seems to go out once you start playing. Every other game I've tried so far (progear, avp, battle circuit, SSF2X) has been good.

Last edited:

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
My G Pal had also come loose from the foam, but had no bent pins so no problem, for what it's worth

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Cross post this here since not everyone is over at AO.

Got my board in, installed, everything looks good. I have tried a couple of games and only get a solid yellow screen. So I went and checked exc5 and cc1 and they were about 3v. So i shorted the legs until they were 0. Hooked it back up , only yellow screen, checked cc1 and exc5 and they are back to 3v , is this normal? The board has been phoenixed for a while and was working , so not sure where to go from here.

I did install the Gpal (I had F Pal revision 3 board) and do the wire to C13 as well, dont know if that is related. Also checked the Jamma edge for voltage ,was getting 5.19, not sure where to take a reading on the board itself.

EDIT: GOT IT, checked continuity on the bridge board and it was a little sketchy , pulled it off and reseated it, started working =)

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Have you tried putting the F PAL back in and trying it that way?

Last edited:

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent

Just got it, checked continuity on the bridge board and it was a little sketchy , pulled it off and reseated it, started working =)

Dion

For anyone wondering, an incorrect PAL will not prevent a game from booting. It will simply have scrambled graphics and bad sound.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I only received the extended 5ft cable to connect the lcd to the board; did not get the shorter ribbon cable that I'm seeing in other's pics on AO. Is this normal for buying the 'set'? For some reason, I was thinking it was going to come with two cables (the standard one and the 5' one) when I ordered it. It's not a huge deal, but after seeing how some people are mounting the lcd to the case I'm contemplating doing something similar down the road.

Sad to hear, this is what I expected as well and ordered the same as I wanted both cables. Description should have been clearer. :(

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent

Just a heads up to others who are looking, I fixed my other issues but had sound issue (super high pitched sound effects and garbled) and went back to the fpal, now everything works.

Sad to hear, this is what I expected as well and ordered the same as I wanted both cables. Description should have been clearer. :(

Ditto, I am thinking I would rather have the short cable now as well, easier to mount. Without a reset button the long cable is kinda pointless.

Dion

Just a heads up to others who are looking, I fixed my other issues but had sound issue (super high pitched sound effects and garbled) and went back to the fpal, now everything works.

You must have the wire for the G pal wired wrong somehow. Remember if you need to you can pull pin 9 on the G pal and wire it directly to the appropriate point on the multikit itself.

Glad you got it working though!

Ditto, I am thinking I would rather have the short cable now as well, easier to mount. Without a reset button the long cable is kinda pointless.

It depends on the type of cabinet you are using really. I think for most American cabinets it is convenient because of the size of the cabs and locations of the power buttons. I can see where it wouldn't really be necessary for a candy cab. One day I hope to get a candy cab still.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
You must have the wire for the G pal wired wrong somehow. Remember if you need to you can pull pin 9 on the G pal and wire it directly to the appropriate point on the multikit itself.

Glad you got it working though!

It depends on the type of cabinet you are using really. I think for most American cabinets it is convenient because of the size of the cabs and locations of the power buttons. I can see where it wouldn't really be necessary for a candy cab. One day I hope to get a candy cab still.
I used pin 9 to c13 on the back of the board like suggested on AO. Not sure what was up, doesnt matter now though =)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

This is a bit off-topic, yet related to this project. I got a dead CPS2 board which has a PAL G. Unfortunately, the damage on the dead board was made by the battery, it exploded and corroded a lot of components nearby. A bit of the corrosion is on the PAL G chip. Since this is dead, and the only working CPS2 board that I have uses a PAL F chip, is there a way I can test the PAL G chip? I have an EPROM programmer, can it be used to read it or something?

Thanks!

Dion

Hi

This is a bit off-topic, yet related to this project. I got a dead CPS2 board which has a PAL G. Unfortunately, the damage on the dead board was made by the battery, it exploded and corroded a lot of components nearby. A bit of the corrosion is on the PAL G chip. Since this is dead, and the only working CPS2 board that I have uses a PAL F chip, is there a way I can test the PAL G chip? I have an EPROM programmer, can it be used to read it or something?

Thanks!

If the legs aren't physically eaten through then there is a good chance the PAL is just fine.

Dion

If anyone receives their kits and there is significant damage or you are missing parts then please contact Darksoft at:

darkdawgarcade at gmail dot com

I don't have any parts to send you. Shit, I don't even get a retail version of this kit until everyone else gets theirs and I sell the proto. LOL.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Save the drama fo' yo' mama CPS2 Multikit Tech Support Thread

Got my package, pins were bent only on the main board, thought I got them straightened out but using the Avalanche rar file I can't see a game to select on the game select screen. If I mash buttons for a bit it managed to load 1999 loop master. Now I can't get it to change to any games and when I blindly try to get it to select a different game it tells me to reset. Is there a reset or is that just powering off? I have powered off and no change. If I remove the sd card it still boots into 1944. 1944 does play perfect though...

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Scratch that apparently this board hated my sd card. Used a 8 gig transcend and the games appear invisible on the LCD, switched to a 4 gig Kingston (which writes slower then my transcend) and works perfect so far.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
If anyone receives their kits and there is significant damage or you are missing parts then please contact Darksoft at:

darkdawgarcade at gmail dot com
Mine took 3 days in Customs, should get it early next week.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Mine departed the Flushing, NY USPS Facility on the 26th and then took until the 30th to arrive at a sort facility in Tallahassee, FL. I assume I'll get it on Monday. Crazy how long some of these are taking when they seem to have all arrived at customs at/around the same time. The USPS gods hate us... @_@

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Playing around with the board a bit more, and found an issue with the usa version of Hyper Street Fighter II (the hsf2di set). Playing as the super version of Vega, I've consistently gotten the game to crash when inputting charge back > forward+K. Tested the asia romset (hsf2adi) for the same thing; it doesn't crash.

I'm not actually registered on AO, so if someone could forward this to the Avalaunch team it'd be appreciated. At least I can use the asia set to play.

Dion

Playing around with the board a bit more, and found an issue with the usa version of Hyper Street Fighter II (the hsf2di set). Playing as the super version of Vega, I've consistently gotten the game to crash when inputting charge back > forward+K. Tested the asia romset (hsf2adi) for the same thing; it doesn't crash.

I'm not actually registered on AO, so if someone could forward this to the Avalaunch team it'd be appreciated. At least I can use the asia set to play.

Will do.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
The USPS gods hate us... @_@

Beginning to think so...

May 26, 2015 Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

May 26, 2015 Arrived at USPS Facility
JAMAICA, NY

May 30, 2015 Arrived at USPS Facility
FLUSHING, NY