My WOII wall:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I'm not a racist or Neo Nazi btw, i just think their uniforms look bad ass so i had to draw/paint me some.

11hfipc.jpg

Acrylic paint on canvas:
29wsvfo.jpg

Other 2 are charcoal (my favorite material to work with)
104rn1c.jpg

28jzh1u.jpg

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
That would be WWII wall in english. Wo=wereldoorlog, ww=worldwar.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
To be honest, I think it's kinda weird to have a painting of a SS soldier on your wall. I mean, a bunch of WWII soldiers is one thing but the freaking Waffen SS? Not so sure about this one.

You sure know how to draw/paint though.

Bill Kilgore

Not really sure what that last picture is doing there, but yeah that's a material i would like to work with :D. She's got one hell of a neck though. Rot, did you do this :p?

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Those charcoals are nice, I never tried that technique. I use mainly ink/pen and watercolor, and my themes are urban sketching and architectural drawing.

Bill Kilgore

Those charcoals are nice, I never tried that technique. I use mainly ink/pen and watercolor, and my themes are urban sketching and architectural drawing.

I have seen your sketches, they are very good! Especially since you're self-taught.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Regardless of anything this is actually really nice. I like the lighting a lot and the atmosphere it brings, I think this excels next to everything else on the wall simply 'cause the amount of detail is limited which was beneficial to your talent. The rest of the work is meh but you must know this, after all any decent artist knows the truth about their own shortcomings. I think the problem lies in what you perceive and draw as opposed to simply drawing the lines. When transferring anything forget that a hand is a hand and instead work the lines. Your anatomy and body composition needs work, I'm sure this is all old work and you're miles better by now but I figured I mind as well have something constructive to say as opposed to the regular praise that makes you feel like mom is telling you for the millionth time how special and talented you truly are.

Bill Kilgore

Thanks for the constructive feedback Electric and no this is not from a long time ago, although i quit drawing for almost 8 years and so it is showing. My older works are actually the better ones since i followed art in highschool and was one of the best in my class. I will upload some of them if you want.

Normally i'm good at the details but first of all the technique i was using (charcoal) is not exactly the best for drawing details (i do like the earthlike feeling it gives, which fits the soldiers element). Secondly the pictures were small and low-res print-outs from old color photos so naturally sometimes i had to sort of create my own details.

I do have that problem sometimes where i draw what i think and not what i see. It's hard to shut your mind like that and just draw the lines.