AES video (or cart slot) issue.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Hello everyone! I've been kind of active in the tech forum last days, because I decided to start playing my Neo Geo again and I'm facing few problems.
The thing that is annoying me right now is the fact that everytime that I turn my Neo Geo AES on, I have to remove and reinsert the cart many times before the video and sound works properly. Usually the image gets all glitchy and there's also no sound. It's the kind of thing that makes you want to blow your cart, just like old times on cart consoles. So my question is: how can I fix this? I already cleaned the cart slot with a piece of cloth, credit cart and a electronic cleaner but it didn't do much. It makes me believe that the problem is the contact between the cart and the console, but I'm afraid it is something else. If necessary, I can take pictures.
Thanks for any info!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Did you clean the cartridges too?

I know everyone here berates alcohol usage, but it's still decent for knocking dust and other grime off cartridge connectors. Save the electronic cleaner for severe problems.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Did you clean the cartridges too?

I know everyone here berates alcohol usage, but it's still decent for knocking dust and other grime off cartridge connectors. Save the electronic cleaner for severe problems.

I'll clean it today and try again. Thanks!