OK OK... Who here believes in Ghosts... Spirits... Poltergeists...?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
No... And I used to live in Enfield...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
what we call ghosts, spirits and that kind of stuff, I personally believe there's something to it - I think places can become impregnated with emotional/psychic energy, not so much dead spirits but remnants of life.
but yeh that's me.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Hokey ghosts and ancient spirits are no match for a good blaster at your side, Rot.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hokey ghosts and ancient spirits are no match for a good blaster at your side, Rot.

He should really get himself an unlicensed nuclear particle accelerator, that would be best.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
yes.gif

xROTx

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
what we call ghosts, spirits and that kind of stuff, I personally believe there's something to it - I think places can become impregnated with emotional/psychic energy, not so much dead spirits but remnants of life.
but yeh that's me.

I've become a believer in "residual energies" and spirits, etc. I thought it was all a crock until I did some time in some spots of the world that underwent some heavy stuff. If you spend enough time in areas where a great deal of death/suffering occurred you'll eventually see/feel something.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'll go with ol' Hamlet here: There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. :)

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm haunted by bad decisions in my past.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
From the tech aspect of things. Most haunted buildings have something that generates a low hum that the ears can't hear because it's too low for some but enough your other senses to feel. It's just like when someone is next to you, the 60hz that their body is generating you can feel.

The things that generate the vibrations vary from place to place such as air vents, fans, water pipes etc.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I've become a believer in "residual energies" and spirits, etc. I thought it was all a crock until I did some time in some spots of the world that underwent some heavy stuff. If you spend enough time in areas where a great deal of death/suffering occurred you'll eventually see/feel something.

absolutely. I get this from people, anthropologists and urban archeologists amongst them, who have experienced this in person and are far from believers in such things as the supernatural. I think it will have a much wider acceptance in time.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
99.99% dont believe.

but dat shadow in the windows sometimes..... pfffft

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I would like to say no, but I've had too many experiences in my life to say so.

Also... "I want to believe!":D

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Nope. Just the human brain and the unseen world (outside of the human auditory/visual spectrum) playing tricks on you. The explanation for most "paranormal" events is really boring. People would much rather believe that there's ghosts and angels because it's more interesting... and comforting.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Oh, sure. And sorcery. Why? Because it's real.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I've seen a lot of whacked out shit and people have seen a lot of whacked out shit with me to sort of help me figure out whether it was a hallucination or not. I still don't know. There are places I have been to where there's some shit going on that cannot be explained, and the stuff is always confined to one property and at least vaguely (but usually overwhelmingly) associated with the history of the property. I just don't know how to explain why there would be two or three laughing children in a recording of my friend and I performing stoner sludge noise rock in his basement when there wasn't even one child in the house, or how a baby stroller gets thrown across a room (15 feet) without anyone being there to be able to trick me into believing it happened.