Any game gear lovers here?

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This was my first system so it has a special place in my heart. Whats the opinion on it these days? The games seem to be dirt cheap so there doesnt seem like theres a high demand for them.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I love that system. Got around 100 games. If I could ...would love to get the full collection .

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I love that system. Got around 100 games. If I could ...would love to get the full collection .

Ya i was dope years back and sold off my game gear, luckily to get my collection back it would take less than 100 bucks. Are there any particularly valuable games on the system? I uste to have shining force which i figured would be somewhat pricey but its only worth 20$

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I think the Mega Man game goes for a bit, or at least it used to. I enjoy the Game Gear quite a bit, especially since I picked up an Everdrive for it. Very underrated system IMHO.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I think the Mega Man game goes for a bit, or at least it used to. I enjoy the Game Gear quite a bit, especially since I picked up an Everdrive for it. Very underrated system IMHO.

The Mega Man game was pretty cool. and it was not even made by Capcom. I can't tell you how many hours I played the Original mortal Kombat on that beast. Double A batteries never stood a chance.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ninja Gaiden was a let down for me but AX Battler was cool and my favorite was Columns but I only have a dozen or so titles.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
It was an impressive piece of hardware, but I just couldn't get into it. I received a Game Gear and a pile of games one Christmas.. after playing it a couple days straight I thought to myself "Damn, should have gotten a Turbo Express".

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
i found one someone left under the cushion of a charter bus in 5th grade. I played it for about a week before some bastard kid stole it from my backpack. I've since gotten a couple more and modded them. Was working on the GGTV mod a while ago but ran into some snags with time and garage space.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Downsized my GG collection a bit, but I kept all the goodies. Damn fine system, but it's a shame there isn't a great LCD mod. The screen is tough to see these days. Whited out and low refresh is just rough.

I am missing a few of the rare racing games, but i have most of the highly sought after games. Prices have hit rock bottom, so it's a buyers market if you want to get into GG.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Had a game gear with a few Sonic games and columns which was pretty fun. Always though the game gear was very much a portable master system.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Love my Game Gear. Shinobi II: the Silent Fury is my favorite game for it.

Also, Mega Man Game Gear is by FAR the worst action-platformer in the series.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Yeah, just a few minor differences.

The Game Gear has a better color palette but the Master System has slightly better resolution. The SMS ports of the Sonic games, especially Sonic 2, are way better than their Game Gear counterparts for that reason.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
It is a great system. The shinobi games were a blast. I also loved Revenge of Dracon (Wonderboy) on it. I really wish there was a screen mod for it.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I actually still have my original Game Gear from my seventh Christmas. Had it brought back to life a few years ago with nightrnr's LED mod and cap fix. Hopefully he offers this service again in the future because it's really great.

The coolest GG item I own:
UsMk1O0.png

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I love my Game Gear. I could never take it anywhere because of the shitty battery life, which didnt really make it much of a "portable" system when youre basically tethered to the wall.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I love Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple trouble on it... and it was cool to play Fantasy Zone on the go. I also liked this other dumb game on it, 'Chuck Rock.'

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I had one near the end of its lifespan back in the day, but never got into it as much as I was into the Lynx. A year or so ago I picked up a Majesco model and the screen is much better than the original version. Pretty easy to pick up games on the cheap these days, the system doesn't seem to have much of a fan base.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I've still got my old Game Gear. Used to play that thing as fast as the official Sega rechargeable battery pack could recharge. The Shinibi games are my favorites, but Dragon Crystal, Cystal Warriors, Defender of Oasis and Battletoads are all really good on it too. I definitely would like to do a screen mod.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I actually still have my original Game Gear from my seventh Christmas. Had it brought back to life a few years ago with nightrnr's LED mod and cap fix. Hopefully he offers this service again in the future because it's really great.

The coolest GG item I own:
UsMk1O0.png
I like it how you must place it on the EII, even further, I like it how you must show the meshball...lol go print some shirts and stop slacking you show off!

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've still got mine and nineteen cartridges (plus the Master Gear Convertor to play SMS games on it). It's a pretty good system, but, man-oh-man, does that thing suck batteries, definitely get the AC adaptor!

Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury Special were the only SNK ports, if I'm remembering right, and they're both so-so [FFS only has 9 of the 16 characters (Terry, Andy, Joe, Mai, Billy, Tung Fu Rue, Duck King, Geese, and Ryo), which is a pretty deep cut, and SS is missing Earthquake, Tam Tam, and Wan Fu]. Maybe they should have went the SD "Nettou" route like Takara did with them on Gameboy.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
The Game Gear was also my first handheld. Can't even begin to fathom how many hours I dumped into all the Sonic games, Psychic World, Mortal Kombat, Ninja Gaiden.. Hell, I even liked the Star Trek TNG game for when my parents took us traveling. Power Rangers: The Movie was another huge addiction of mine. I still have my GG, but about 3 years or so ago, it bricked on me, mid game. No idea what caused it, it just died, and won't power on, anymore. Someday, I'll crack it open and see if I can do something with it, but in the meanwhile, I've been using my GG experiences to build my Master System collection, since most of the time, the versions were the same. In the case that they aren't, I'm delighted to have a treat of something new, but I'm also sad that I can't just fire up the cart I remember. There's always Emulation, thankfully!

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I love the game gear, it was my first hand held when i was a kid. I got one for christmas from my grandma, took it to school and made all my friends with their gameboys mad jelly.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I like it how you must place it on the EII, even further, I like it how you must show the meshball...lol go print some shirts and stop slacking you show off!

Ruffles!
I like how you noticed all the subtleties in my post.

I'll go get back to work now.