After 10 years, I got my first bootleg...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Waku Waku 7...:(

Intel chips, windowed eprom, capacitors, shitty replacement label, which you can clearly see has been pasted over a KOF 94 label - I should have been more diligent.

I got it from YAJ, the photo was dodgy and not much details but I was just feeling that pull to get another cart I have been searching for, for so long. Oh well, shit happens...

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

IMG_4568.JPG

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
That sucks man...everybody gets stung at least once in the Neo scene. I hope the cart is playable at least.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I remember getting a couple boots like that back in the day, I think my WW7 was from Yaton but was all EPROMs, no flash. Hopefully you didn't pay too much.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Looks like a quality boot at least. No reason not to hold onto it for the time being. Not sure what the return policy is in your case.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, my time had come... Sucks, but unfortunately there's not much I can do. As I used a proxy service they don't offer much in regards to this sort of situation, especially considering the consignment is now in a completely different country to the one it was purchased and originally delivered in. It's a learning experience, definitely.

juci

n00b
i got a legit ww7 from yaj, i try n stick to the japanese labels. ill try n be more careful from now on :S.
i hope the mark of the wolves thats in the mail is legit!

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
In the years I only stumbled upon three boots, one was Metal Slug 4 one Galaxy Fight and the last Puzzle Bobble 2, funky, that all boots had warranty stickers on them, which told me not to open the cartridge :D Maybe i can throw in some pics later.

Last edited:

juci

n00b
i just got a puzzle bobble free, and its a boot lol. it looks pretty good too.
first sign was the screws were loose.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I know boots/repros have plagued efforts to obtain legit neo games since the 90's, but it always sucks to see a fellow fan get burned. F4U57, which proxy service did you use?

juci

n00b
It sure does suck, I have only ever been stung on ebay from a seller i've bought from a few times beforehand, I bought neo bomberman for a good price listed as genuine.
After a phone call I returned the conversion and he found a genuine one.

I use Fromjapan, im not sure what else is better or cheaper? I've bought waku waku 7, metal slug x, MOTW and windjammers from YAJ and all were genuine luckily..

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just ended up buying this faulty on ebay for less than 10 dollars.
Hows that for luck.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Waku-Wak...pXha7uDBTrqDuSl4Eh4fM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Grats, it'll be going out today. Good luck in fixing the graphical issues.

I know boots/repros have plagued efforts to obtain legit neo games since the 90's, but it always sucks to see a fellow fan get burned. F4U57, which proxy service did you use?

I use Noppin. They're pricey but very professional.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Bummer. My condolences. Does it work well at least? Hopefully you didn't pay too much.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
wait... what? a nearly a year old thread gets necro'd and this is how it turns out?