In the DC area

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey guys!

Any good arcades in the DC area? I'm at Belvoir for the next four months and I'm looking to try some local arcades/find some boards.

Thanks!

John

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I haven't lived there in a few years but the last real arcade in the area (Gametime) closed 12 years ago. There's a barcade on H St. which I've heard good things about but haven't been there. Other than that, it's mostly just the hollowed out husks of a couple of mall arcades. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong though.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
im over here in RVA, not much as far as arcades but me and Grendelrt have some candy cabs. lol

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I know a guy in the area with an arcade warehouse if you're looking to buy. PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
Not sure if you got the word, but if you've heard of estarland.com, but they actually used be called Starland Games waaay back when and had actual a few retail locations. Anyway, they only have one place now in Chantilly VA (I think). They do a gamersXchange thing every month, but what's cool is they have competitions like how old style arcades USED to be, and they do have like one or two cabs in the back. HARDLY an arcade, but it's somethin....

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i have been telling myself for years now i would visit an estarland location. maybe i better do it before the final one disappears.