Geometry Sony PVM-2053MD

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
I recently purchased a Sony PVM-2053MD monitor. The image is hidden a bit to the right. Is there any way to configure the geometry or enter the service menu?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Service menu should be similar to the 20M2MDU. Grab that manual from here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?248672-PVM-Service-Manuals-20M2MDU-and-others

direct link: http://neohyphengeo.com/PVM20M2MDU_SM_SONY_EN.pdf

see Section 3 - Set Up Adjustments starting on page 19 of the PDF. This explains how to access the service menu, and default settings and setting ranges for most common adjustments.
Ok, thank you very much for the info. Viewing Service Map 1, I see that there are several VSIZE and HSIZE, what would have to adjust?

skate323k137

10 Year Member
If the image is off to the right, you may need to adjust H FREQ or VIDEO PHASE, as well as H SIZE

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
If the image is off to the right, you may need to adjust H FREQ or VIDEO PHASE, as well as H SIZE
Ok, but there are several HSIZE, to the left of the map shows: "NOR 50 DEF", "NOR 60 DEF", "NOR DEF" ... what does this mean?

skate323k137

10 Year Member
the 50 / 60 has to do with PAL / NTSC. Adjustments that do not have 50 or 60 should affect both NTSC and PAL sources.

Most likely you will want to adjust the NOR DEF or NOR 60 DEF unless you are working with a PAL input source.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
the 50 / 60 has to do with PAL / NTSC. Adjustments that do not have 50 or 60 should affect both NTSC and PAL sources.

Most likely you will want to adjust the NOR DEF or NOR 60 DEF unless you are working with a PAL input source.

Ok, I am working with a PAL input source, then I think I'll have to adjust "NOR 50 DEF". Thank you very much for the info.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
No problem. When you are happy with the settings press "degauss" twice to save them, then exit the service menu the same way you got in (enter+degauss at the same time if I remember right)

If you do not save before exiting the service menu you will have to make the adjustments again if you turn the monitor off and back on.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
No problem. When you are happy with the settings press "degauss" twice to save them, then exit the service menu the same way you got in (enter+degauss at the same time if I remember right)

If you do not save before exiting the service menu you will have to make the adjustments again if you turn the monitor off and back on.

I've got to adjust the geometry. But rather than set with "NOR 50 DEF" I had to set "NOR DEF H SIZE" and "NOR 60 DEF H FREQUENCY". I do not understand, because if my signal is PAL, it would have worked with "NOR 50 DEF".